Forest Pack is the world's most popular scattering plugin for 3ds Max®. It provides a complete solution for creating vast areas of objects, from trees and plants to buildings, crowds, aggregates, ground-cover, rocks and more. If you can model it, Forest Pack can scatter it.
Countless studios rely on Forest Pack's production-tested algorithms and native shaders to render scenes with virtually unlimited numbers of objects and polygons, all without putting a strain on computer resources.
Simulate natural distribution patterns and get the most out of your assets using advanced mapping and randomization tools, or fine-tune your scatters with granular control over every aspect of the plugin.
Forest Pack is fully multi-threaded and highly optimized for speed and efficiency. A typical scene can effortlessly use over 100,000 objects each with 1 million polys, and render in just a few minutes.
Points-Cloud display mode faithfully previews scattered objects in the viewports as they will appear in the render. Amazingly fast, this mode allows you to move and edit items in real-time, while maintaining an accurate preview of your scenes.
- Parametric Areas
From the moment you pick a scatter area Forest Pack is fully parametric. With no destructive editing you make design decisions at any time, and see the results in the viewport instantly.
Recreate the limitless variation found in nature with the ability to randomise distribution, objects, transforms, animation, bitmaps and tints. Mimic natural growth patterns using the innovative Clusters feature.
Maps Control when you need it. Drive parameters using maps and expressions or use Tree Editor mode to scatter along splines, on markers or even edit and place individual objects.
- Ready To Use
Use Forest Pack's built-in Library Browser to select and assign plants with a single click. Over 100 models are included in Forest Pack Pro, or you can create your own presets and share them effortlessly with colleagues.
New Features in Forest Pack 8
- Linked areas
Reference areas found in another Forest Pack object to link together multiple scatters. Combine Forest Sets and linked areas to create huge flexible interlinked ecosystems.
- Use areas in surface UV mode
Use Spline, Object, and other areas can now be used in combination with UV surfaces by projecting them along one of 3 axes using a new Axis parameter.
- Forest Effects improvements
Create advanced scattering rules using the Forest Effects system which is now more powerful than ever with support for spline objects and material IDs.
- New Forest Effect presets
Take advantage of the new Forest Effects features without writing a single expression using a new collection of built-in presets.
- Filter Forest Effects
Filter Forest Effects so that they only apply to a subset of the geometry list to limit the results to individual types of plants manipulated using the powerful effects system.
- Autumn Leaves library
Render amazing autumnal images with a new library of high quality photo-scanned leaves. The presets are logically organised by colour and supplied as individual leaves and patches.
- Randomise position in path mode
Shuffle the position of objects while still following the spline when using path distribution mode - great for more believable distribution of hanging plants or other objects.
- Scatter linked hierarchies
Scatter linked objects, maintaining their hierarchy. Hierarchical objects can be animated, and Forest Pack can even randomise and control playback just like a normal mesh!
- Easier error identification
Save precious time by identifying issues at a glance. Forest Pack's icon now changes colour depending on three different error states.
- User properties retained in V-Ray
V-Ray CPU users can take advantage of user properties. These are now retained from the source objects making it possible to use advanced texturing workflows.
- Vertex colours supported in Arnold
Arnold users can now take advantage if vertex colour in their materials and be confident that Forest Pack will retain the final look.
RailClone is the world's most powerful artist-friendly parametric modelling plugin for 3ds Max®. Its unique array-based approach to asset creation is fast, efficient, and easy-to-learn. Use the convenient node-based editor to create rules that combine, sequence, transform, deform, slice, bevel, and distribute instanced geometry or proxies. Create variation by randomising objects, UV mapping, and material IDs. Render huge objects made from thousands of highly detailed parts using native geometry shaders. With RailClone, creating sophisticated parametric models has never been simpler.
With RailClone there are no limits on your creativity. Unlike other scripts and plugins that are designed for a single type of model, in RailClone you can create almost anything.
- Easy to Use
RailClone uses an easy-to-understand visual Style Editor to create sophisticated structures. Unlike other tools, absolutely zero programming knowledge is necessary.
RailClone is fully multi-threaded and highly optimized for speed. This, coupled with the efficient viewport display modes, and powerful instancing means that you can create and render huge objects, made from thousands of highly detailed parts.
RailClone assembles, transforms, slices and deforms geometry to create a seamless object. Just set a few rules, and the object is constructed for you automatically, even on curved paths!
Let RailClone do the thinking for you with advanced algorithms to deform geometry to follow sloping paths and surfaces. Inclined and uneven walls, stairs, handrails and balustrades and stepped fences are no longer a chore to create in 3ds Max.
- Ready to go
RailClone Pro comes with nearly 400 predefined styles, including fences, railings, barriers, traffic, walls, and much more. The library browser is fully customizable, allowing you to add new categories and models with and share them with your colleagues.
RailClone 6 Highlights
- New Library Browser
The library browser has been rewritten from the ground up. Add 100s of objects selected from a scene and automatically build matlibs and generate thumbnails in a couple of clicks.
- Introducing RailClone Slice
Prepare existing assets for use with RailClone using the new RailClone Slice modifier that divides a mesh into all the pieces you need to create common styles.
- Updated asset library
RailClone 6 marks the first phase of a major overhaul of the built-in library. In this release you'll find over 160 new parametric assets in 5 collections.
- Always-on-top style Editor
Edit styles and interact with the scene at the same time thanks to the ability to keep the Style Editor open even after the RailClone object is deselected.
- Supercharged Macros
Create macros by simply copying and pasting an entire graph into a new macro tab. Segments, splines, and numeric nodes are converted to inputs automatically.
- Password protect graphs
Share styles with confidence using the new password protect feature. Be careful though, it's so secure that there's no way to recover a password if you forget it!
- Link and Reroute
Make graphs much easier to read using the new Link and Reroute nodes that allow you to redirect, branch, and hide wires.
- Style Editor improvements
Speed up object creation with improvements to the Style editor including shift+drag to clone nodes, import the scene selection to new nodes, better selection and much more!
- Improved deformation
Use RailClone's advanced deformation modes with confidence thanks to improvements to the Flat Top and Bottom algorithm which can now be used below the path.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
: Bundle - Forest Pack Pro + RailClone Pro (network + 3yr sub)
- Product Specifications -
- Supported versions of Autodesk 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design (64 bit versions only)
- 3ds Max: versions 2013 to 2023
- 3ds Max Design: versions 2013 to 2015
Note: Due to Autodesk licensing policy Forest Pack is only able to officially support 3ds Max 2017 to 2022. The installer also includes versions of Forest Pack for 3ds Max 2013 to 2016 which should install and work as expected, but iToo is unable to test them.
- Supported renderers
- Arnold 7.1 (MaxToA 5.2) and greater. Please make sure the MaxToA plugin is up to date. You can download the most recent version from the Arnold Renderer website.
- Mental Ray is supported in version 2013 - 2017 only.
- V-Ray and V-Ray RT supported versions 3.6.05 or greater for V-Ray 3, V-Ray Next and V-Ray GPU update 1.1 or above and V-Ray 5.
- Corona Renderer 1 and onwards
- Octane 1.x and onwards
- Redshift 2.x and onwards
- Final Render
Mental Ray compatibility in Max 2017 and 2018 (for Forest Pack)
From 3ds Max 2017 Mental Ray was an optional installation. Forest Pack for Max 2017 still has many dependencies on the Mental Ray libraries and is required by the iToo plug-ins to operate correctly. Please make sure that Mental Ray is installed for 3DS Max 2017, even if you don't intend to use it to avoid errors.
From 3ds Max 2018 Mental Ray is no longer included, and for technical reasons iToo has had to temporarily suspend support.
- Supported versions of Autodesk 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design (64 bit versions)
- 3ds Max: versions 2013 to 2024
- 3ds Max Design: versions 2013 to 2015
Due to Autodesk's licensing policy, RailClone is only able to officially support 3ds Max 2019 to 2024. The installer also includes versions of RailClone for 3ds Max 2013 to 2018 which should install and work as expected, but iToo is unable to test them.
- Supported renderers
- Arnold 7.2 is supported Please make sure the MaxToA plugin is up to date. You can download the most recent version from the Arnold Renderer website.
- V-Ray and V-Ray RT supported versions are 2.5 or greater for V-Ray 2, and 3.7 or greater for V-Ray 3, 4.3 or greater for V-Ray 3, V-Ray Next and V-Ray 6.
- Thea Render 1.3 and onwards.
- Corona Renderer 1 and onwards.
- Redshift 2.6.24 or above
For unsupported renderers it is still possible to use RailClone using RailClone Tools to convert the objects to standard Max instances.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.