Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4K Camera PL
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
The Blackmagic Design URSA Mini is a lightweight miniaturized URSA featuring an incredible 4K Super 35 image sensor with global shutter and a massive 15 stops of dynamic range! The super compact and lightweight design is perfectly balanced for handheld use and comfortable enough for all day shooting. That means you get a handheld camera with higher resolution and better dynamic range than most Super 35mm film! URSA Mini shoots up to 60 frames per second, has a super bright 5 inch foldout viewfinder, dual RAW and ProRes recorders and more. You can select from four models of URSA Mini with 4.6K or 4K image sensors and either EF or PL lens mounts.
- Built in dual CFast 2.0 card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- Open file formats compatible with popular software, such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
- Support for CinemaDNG 4.6K RAW files and ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 5 inch foldout 1080 HD touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
- Optional URSA Mini Shoulder Kit, allowing both tripod and shoulder use interchangeably.
- Built in gyroscope allowing recording of camera pitch, roll and yaw movements when working in RAW.
- Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.
- Improved saturation when recording in VIDEO dynamic range (feature added 6/21/2016)
- Improved saturation of SDI and LCD output when monitoring VIDEO while recording in FILM dynamic range (feature added 6/21/2016)
Handheld Digital Film Camera
Blackmagic URSA Mini is designed to be used on feature films, television shows, commercials, indies, documentaries, music videos and more. The stunning quality of its 4K sensor with 12 stops of dynamic range lets you capture epic cinematic shots, while its compact size is perfect for solo shoots or smaller crews! You can easily customize URSA Mini with high quality cinema lenses, rails, matte boxes and more. The optional shoulder mount kit features a quick release mounting plate so you can go from handheld to shoulder or tripod in seconds, making it perfect for pickup and run shooting situations. It's the handheld Super 35mm digital film camera that you can use anywhere and, because it's an URSA, everything you need is built right in!
Revolutionary URSA Design
URSA Mini features a compact, perfectly balanced body made out of advanced technology magnesium alloys so it's rugged, lightweight and comfortable enough to be used all day. Like all URSA cameras, it includes everything you need built right in! You get a super bright 5 inch fold out 1080 HD touch screen for on-set monitoring and to change camera settings, professional connectors such as 12G-SDI, a high quality stereo microphones and a side grip with control buttons mounted on a standard rosette. The optional Blackmagic viewfinder and shoulder mount kit allow you to go from tripod to over the shoulder shooting in seconds, so you can keep up with the action!
Blackmagic URSA Mini is completely customizable so you can create a rig that's built specifically for your production! You can add accessories like the Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder and Blackmagic URSA Mini Shoulder Kit, or choose from hundreds of third party accessories. URSA Mini has 9 standard 1/4" threaded mounting points on the top and bottom of the camera so you can mount it directly to a tripod as well as add accessories such as rails, sliders, matte boxes, microphones, ring lights, batteries and more. Whether you're building a feature film rig or outfitting the camera for an ENG style shoot, URSA Mini has all of the mount points and connections you need!
URSA Mini comes in four models so you can choose from two different sensors and two different lens mounts. You can choose the 4.6K sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range in EF or PL lens mount models. If you're on a tight budget, you can choose the more affordable 4K sensor with 12 stops of dynamic range with either EF or PL lens mount models. The PL mount works with professional cinema lenses and the EF models let you choose from an incredible selection of high quality photographic lenses from manufacturers like Zeiss, Canon, Sigma and more. Because EF lenses are used on high resolution DSLR cameras they have incredibly precise optics that can handle the high resolution of the URSA Mini 4.6K sensor.
- URSA Mini 4K EF - Compact and lightweight digital film camera with EF lens mount and 4K Super 35 sensor, 12G-SDI output, 5" fold out monitor, dual CFast recorders and more!
- URSA Mini 4K PL - Compact and lightweight digital film camera with PL cinema lens mount and 4K Super 35 sensor, 12G-SDI output, 5" fold out monitor, dual CFast recorders and more!
- URSA Mini 4.6K EF - Compact and lightweight digital film camera with high performance 4.6K Super 35 sensor with up to 15 stops of dynamic range, EF lens mount, 12G-SDI, 5" fold out monitor, dual CFast recorders and more!
- URSA Mini 4.6K PL -Compact and lightweight digital film camera with high performance 4.6K Super 35 sensor with up to 15 stops of dynamic range, PL cinema lens mount, 12G-SDI, 5" fold out monitor, dual CFast recorders and more!
The high resolution 5 inch fold out monitor includes a touchscreen so you get easy access to the revolutionary URSA camera interface. All of your settings, controls and monitoring tools are at your fingertips. That means you don't have to hunt through confusing menus to make changes. You can see and change all camera settings, view timecode, histograms for checking levels, audio levels and a focus peaking indicator for checking focus!
The screen has an extra wide viewing angle and displays crystal clear images so that you can accurately check exposure, focus and framing. Instantly play back clips, even high frame rate slo-mo shots, to make sure you get the perfect take then, when you're ready to move to a new location, fold it up and go!
Side Hand Grip
URSA Mini includes a side hand grip with record start/stop, iris and focus buttons built in. The handle is mounted to the body of the camera using a standard rosette and also has a LANC connection. That means you can remove the handle and mount a custom rig directly to the rosette or you can relocate the handle to the rosette at the front of the camera on the optional shoulder mount kit. If you prefer, you can replace the hand grip with custom third party handles.
Blackmagic URSA Mini features multiple connections such as 12G-SDI out, HD-SDI monitoring out, 2 LANC inputs, balanced XLR audio with phantom power, timecode in and reference input. On the front right side of the camera the 4 pin XLR DC and HD-SDI monitoring output are located in the perfect position for connecting to an optional viewfinder or on set monitor. The 12G-SDI output handles up to 2160p60 using a single BNC cable and also switches to 6G-SDI or HD-SDI depending on the shooting format.
12G-SDI is an incredible 8 times faster than regular HD-SDI which makes it fast enough for Ultra HD video at up to 60 frames per second, all over a single regular SDI cable! The high quality BNC connections are multi rate so it can automatically switch and work with 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI, and regular HD-SDI equipment. That means URSA Mini is compatible with all of your existing HD and Ultra HD equipment so you can plug it into things like ATEM live production switchers, on-set monitors, decks and more!
URSA Mini has the highest quality built in microphones and professional audio recording built in so you don't have to carry around extra sound equipment. Use the built in stereo microphone to record natural location sound or connect professional microphones using the two XLR wide dynamic range mic inputs. The XLR connections have 48V of switchable phantom power so you can plug in everything from shot gun to wireless clip on mics for capturing every detail of the performance. You can quickly adjust levels using the physical knobs and monitor audio using the onscreen audio meters.
URSA Mini includes a 4-pin XLR industry standard power connector that works with 12V to 30V external power supplies. That means it's easy to use the camera with all of your existing power supplies and batteries! URSA Mini uses the same battery power connector and mounting points on the rear of the camera as used on URSA so you can use the same range of battery plates from a wide range of manufacturers such as IDX, Frezzi, Anton Bauer and more. You can also add the optional Blackmagic URSA VLock Battery Plate for using popular V-Mount batteries.
DaVinci Resolve Software Included
URSA Mini includes the full version of DaVinci Resolve for Mac and Windows for editing, color grading, media management, mastering and delivery. DaVinci Resolve can easily handle the 12-bit log RAW images from URSA Mini so you can take advantage of URSA Mini's amazing image quality and wide dynamic range. DaVinci Resolve features advanced, multi layer timeline editing with powerful trimming tools, along with the industry's leading suite of creative grading tools! The combination of URSA Mini and DaVinci Resolve gives you a complete production and post-production solution!
Broadcast Standard Power
URSA uses a standard 4-pin 12V to 30V XLR broadcast power connector for plugging into external power supplies. There are also mounting points and a power transfer connector for mounting third party V-Mount and Anton/Bauer gold mount back plates and batteries onto the rear of the camera itself. This means you can integrate the battery as part of the camera itself. You also get a standard 4 pin XLR 12V output power connector so you can use a wide range of third party viewfinders without needing expensive custom cables. That means it's easy to integrate the camera with all of your existing gear and accessories!
External Mounting Points
When you're doing professional work you want to make sure you can securely connect the things you need, like external microphones, large lenses, and more. URSA Mini can be customized with standard 3rd party camera accessories including rails and matte boxes so you can build a custom rig that fits your production! There are standard 1/4" threaded points positioned over the top and bottom of the camera to make it easy to add the things you need. The optional shoulder mount kit also includes a quick lock tripod mount so you can take your fully rigged URSA Mini from the tripod to your shoulder in seconds!
GPS and Gyroscope
Some URSA Mini models include built in GPS and a 9 axis gyroscope for tracking the location and angular position of the camera. The extensive camera data is saved and embedded in the recorded file's metadata and automatically carried over into post production. Use it to organize and media manage all your content so you can find the shots you need faster or, if there's ever a need for a pick up shot, you have the exact camera location and height as well as the rotation around the X, Y and Z axis!
- Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder - You get a high resolution 1920 x 1080 color display that lets you get incredibly accurate focus and the screen is so sharp that it's impossible to see any individual pixels so it's just like using an optical viewfinder on a traditional film camera.
- Shoulder Mount Kit - The Blackmagic URSA Mini Shoulder Kit adds a quick release tripod mount, shoulder pad, two front rosettes and rail mounts so you can quickly latch the camera into a tripod or instantly unlatch and move it onto your shoulder for handheld shooting.
- Photographic and Cinematic Lenses - URSA Mini is available with either an EF or a PL lens mount so you can use all kinds of lenses such as PL cinema lenses, photographic wide angle lenses, zoom lenses, shift tilt lenses, primes, telephoto lenses, macro lenses and even telescopes!
- LANC Controllers - Gain remote control over the camera and lenses using the universal standard 2.5mm LANC input based remote control.
- Microphones - URSA Mini has two XLR microphone inputs with 48V of switchable phantom power so you can use the highest quality professional microphones without needing to carry around extra power supplies or portable mixers!
- Custom Rigs and Rails - With 1/4" mounting points on the base of the URSA Mini body it's compatible with any tripod, crane or slider. On the top of the camera you can use the mounting points to add viewfinders, shot gun microphones or anything else you may need!
- Professional Batteries - For on location or mobile shooting you can add a battery plate for using third party batteries from companies such as IDX, Anton Bauer and more.
In The Box
- Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K PL (body only)
- Turret Dust Cap
- Side Handle with LANC Cable and strap
- Power Supply
- SD card with software and manual
- DaVinci Resolve Studio USB dongle
- Effective Sensor Size
- 21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super35)
- Shooting Resolutions
- 4000 x 2160
- 3840 x 2160
- 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates
- Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected.
- Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
- Dynamic Range
- 12 stops
- Iris Control
- Lens Mount
- PL Mount
- Screen Dimensions
- 5" - 1920 x 1080
- Screen Type
- LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support
- Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames, keywords and GPS positioning.
- Touchscreen menus on 5" screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.
- 2 x built in cardioid microphones for stereo recording with -10dB pad and low cut filter.
- 1 x mono speaker, enabled in playback mode when headphones are not used.
- Mounting Options
- Integrated rod mounts compatible with 15mm Light Weight Support standard
- Storage Type
- 2 x CFast 2.0
- Storage Rates
- 4000 x 2160
- CinemaDNG RAW - 265 MB/s
- CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 - 125 MB/s
- 3840 x 2160
- Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 312.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 444 - 165 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 110 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 73.6 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 51 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 22.4 MB/s
- 1920 x 1080
- Apple ProRes 444 XQ - 62.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 444 - 41.25 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s
- Storage rates based on 30 frames per second.
- Recording Formats
- Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and RAW 3:1 with film dynamic range at 4000 x 2160.
- Apple ProRes XQ, 444, 422 HQ, 422 LT and 422 Proxy at 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080 with either film or video dynamic range.
- SDI Video Output
- 1 x 12G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2.
- Ref Input
- 1 x BNC Reference Input
- Timecode Input
- 1 x BNC Timecode Input
- Timecode Output
- 1 x BNC Timecode Output
- Analog Audio Input
- 2 x XLR analog switchable between mic and line levels. Phantom power support.
- SDI Audio Output
- 2 channel
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Remote Control
- 2 x 2.5mm LANC input for Rec Start/Stop, plus Iris and Focus control using compatible lenses.
- Computer Interface
- USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates.
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424, Draft SMPTE 2081-1, Draft SMPTE 2082-1
- SDI Audio Sampling
- 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Software Included
- DaVinci Resolve grading software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Blackmagic Media Express software.
- Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.
- Blackmagic Camera Setup.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 64-bit.
- External Power Input
- 1 x 4-pin XLR port for external power or battery use.
- 1 x 12-pin molex connector on rear battery plate.
- Custom V-mount battery plate with D-tap +12V regulated output from camera.
- External Power Output
- 1 x 12V output using 4-pin XLR for powering external accessories such as EVF.
- 1 x 12V regulated output from rear molex 12-way connector.
- Rear camera mount compatible with industry standard V-mount or Gold Mount battery plates.
- Product Warranty
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.