The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K features a Super 35 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and dual native ISO up to 25,600 for HDR images and incredible low light performance. External controls give quick access to essential functions, while the large 5 inch touchscreen makes it easy to frame shots, focus accurately and change camera settings. Features include built in SD/UHS-II or CFast 2.0 recorders for Blackmagic RAW or ProRes recording as well as a USB-C expansion port for recording externally to disks, plus EF lens mount, built-in microphones, XLR input, full sized HDMI, 3D LUT support, Bluetooth and more.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- In The Box -
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Lens turret dust cap
- Camera strap
- 30W power supply with locking connector and international adapters
- LP-E6 battery
- Welcome booklet
- DaVinci Resolve Studio activation key
- Product Specifications -
- Effective Sensor Size
23.10mm x 12.99mm (Super 35)
- Lens Mount
Active EF mount.
- Lens Control
Iris, focus and zoom on supported lenses.
- Dynamic Range
- Dual Native ISO
400 and 3200
- Shooting Resolutions
- 6144 x 3456 (6K) up to 50 fps
- 6144 x 2560 (6K 2.4:1) up to 60 fps
- 5744 x 3024 (5.7K 17:9) up to 60 fps
- 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI) up to 60 fps
- 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD) up to 60 fps
- 3728 x 3104 (3.7K 6:5 anamorphic) up to 60 fps
- 2868 x 1512 (2.8K 17:9) up to 120 fps
- 1920 x 1080 (HD) up to 120 fps
- Frame Rates
Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
Off-speed frame rates up to 60 fps in 6K 2.4:1, 120 fps in 2.8K 17:9 and 1080HD.
Auto focus available using compatible lenses.
- Iris Control
Iris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses.
- Screen Dimensions
5" 1920 x 1080.
- Screen Type
LCD capacitive touchscreen.
- Metadata Support
Automatically populated lens data from electronic EF lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes. A 3D LUT can also be embedded in metadata of Blackmagic RAW files.
Touchscreen menus on 5 inch screen. 1 x Power Switch, 1 x Record Button, 1 x Stills Button, 1 x Scroll Wheel with push integrated into handgrip, 1 x ISO, Button, 1 x White Balance, 1 x Shutter Button, 3 x software configurable Fn buttons, 1 x High Frame Rate (HFR) Button, 1 x Zoom Button, 1 x Menu Button, 1 x Play Button, 1 x Focus Button and 1 x IRIS Button.
- Total Video Inputs
- Total Video Outputs
1 x HDMI Type A
- Analog Audio Inputs
1 x mini XLR analog switchable between mic with phantom power support and line level (up to +14dBu). 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Input. Can also be used for Timecode input.
- Analog Audio Outputs
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Computer Interface
USB Type-C for external drive recording and software updates.
Integrated stereo microphone.
- Built in Speaker
1 x mono speaker.
- SD Video Standards
- HD Video Standards
1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60.
- Ultra HD Video Standards
2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60.
- 4K DCI Standards
4KDCIp23.98, 4KDCIp24, 4KDCIp25, 4KDCIp29.97, 4KDCIp30, 4KDCIp50, 4KDCIp59.94, 4KDCIp60.
1 x CFast card slot, 1 x SD UHS-II card slot, 1 x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 expansion port for external media for Blackmagic RAW and ProRes Recording.
- Media Format
Can format media to ExFAT (Windows/Mac) or HFS+ (Mac) file systems.
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 3:1,
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 5:1,
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 8:1,
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Bitrate 12:1,
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Quality Q0,
- Blackmagic RAW Constant Quality Q5,
- ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime,
- ProRes 422 QuickTime,
- ProRes 422 LT QuickTime,
- ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime.
- Storage Type
- 1 x CFast 2.0.
- 1 x SD UHS-II card.
- 1 x high speed USB-C expansion port for external media.
- Storage Rates
- 6144 x 3456 (6K)
- Blackmagic RAW 3:1 - 323 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 5:1 - 194 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 8:1 - 121 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 12:1 - 81 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 - 194 to 483 MB/s *
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 - 49 to 139 MB/s **
- 6144 x 2560 (6K 2.4:1)
- Blackmagic RAW 3:1 - 240 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 5:1 - 144 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 8:1 - 90 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 12:1 - 60 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 - 144 to 359 MB/s *
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 - 37 to 103 MB/s **
- 5744 x 3024 (5.7K 17:9)
- Blackmagic RAW 3:1 - 264 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 5:1 - 159 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 8:1 - 100 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 12:1 - 67 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 - 159 to 395 MB/s *
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 - 40 to 114 MB/s **
- 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI)
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 117.88 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 78.63 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 54.63 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 24.25 MB/s
- 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD)
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 110 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 73.6 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 51 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 22.4 MB/s
- 3728 x 3104 (3.7K 6:5 anamorphic)
- Blackmagic RAW 3:1 - 176 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 5:1 - 106 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 8:1 - 67 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 12:1 - 45 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 - 106 to 265 MB/s *
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 - 27 to 76 MB/s **
- 2868 x 1512 (2.8K 17:9)
- Blackmagic RAW 3:1 - 67 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 5:1 - 41 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 8:1 - 26 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW 12:1 - 17 MB/s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 - 41 to 101 MB/s *
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 - 11 to 29 MB/s **
- 1920 x 1080
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ - 27.5 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 - 18.4 MB/s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT - 12.75 MB/s
- Apple ProRes Proxy - 5.6 MB/s
Storage rates based on 30 frames per second.
* Constant Quality setting Q0 storage rates quoted are indicative only, based on a 2:1 - 5:1 compression range.
** Constant Quality setting Q5 storage rates quoted are indicative only, based on a 7:1 - 20:1 compression range.
Actual storage rates are entirely dependent on image subject matter.
- Recording Formats
Blackmagic RAW 3:1, 5:1, 8:1, 12:1, Q0 and Q5 at 6144 x 3456, 6144 x 2560, 5744 x 3024, 3728 x 3104 and 2868 x 1512 with film, extended video, video dynamic range or custom 3D LUT embedded in metadata.
ProRes at 4096 x 2160, 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080 with film, extended video or video dynamic range or custom 3D LUT.
- Software Included
Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Operating System.
- Mac 10.13 High Sierra, Mac 10.14 Mojave or later.
- Windows 10.
- Power Supply
1 x External 12V power supply.
- External Power Input
1 x 2-pin locking connector.
- Battery Type
- Battery Life
Approximately 45 minutes (recording 6K RAW at 24 fps to CFast 2.0 with screen brightness at 50%)
- Operating Temperature
0°to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
- Storage Temperature
-20°to 45°C (-4° to 113°F)
- Relative Humidity
0% to 90% non-condensing
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.