The Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K is an incredibly tiny Ultra HD studio camera that's perfectly designed for live production. You get a full Ultra HD resolution camera that can be used in HD and Ultra HD video formats and it can be fully controlled from the switcher via the SDI control protocol. Micro Studio Camera 4K includes powerful features such as built in color corrector, talkback, tally indicator, PTZ control output, built in microphones, backup battery, an adaptable MFT lens mount and B4 lens control output. This means Micro Studio Camera 4K is a true studio camera that is dramatically better quality than the biggest and most expensive studio cameras used today.
The Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and features an incredible quality, broadcast grade Ultra HD sensor that shoots with amazing clarity so customers can see more texture and detail in their images than ever before. The new Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K can be used for both HD and Ultra HD production and features a built in color corrector, talkback, tally indicator, PTZ control output, B4 lens control output, and an extremely flexible MFT lens mount that is easily converted to other lens mounts via third party adapters.
- Operates up to 2160p30 when operated in Ultra HD or up to 1080p60 when operated in HD.
- Supports SDI camera control protocol allowing full remote control vis single SDI connection.
- Compatible with high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as B4 broadcast lens mount.
- Includes built in buttons along the front for quick access to menu navigation and settings.
- Includes a 12V power input or users can add an LP-E6 compatible battery for backup power.
- Includes an expansion port with a DB-HD15 connector for power, reference, PTZ and B4 connections.
- Expansion port supports multiple control connections such as PTZ serial output, B4 lens data link output and S.Bus input allowing customers to build customized camera control solutions.
- Built in, two way digital quality talkback connector using iPhone compatible headsets.
- Compatible with ATEM range of live production switchers for full SDI control of cameras.
The Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K is engineered with a super tough magnesium alloy core in a body that's not much larger than the lens mount itself! You can use affordable, high performance MFT lenses or add a B4 adapter to work with traditional broadcast lenses. The Micro Studio Camera's SDI program input accepts commands via the SDI connection from any ATEM switcher so you get remote control of camera settings, color balancing, black level, gamma, lens focus, iris and zoom control and much more. The expansion port includes PTZ and B4 lens control outputs so you can remote control remote heads and broadcast lenses all from a single SDI connection.
Revolutionary Expansion Port
The Micro Studio Camera is perfect for remote use because it includes an expansion port with multiple control connections such as a PTZ serial output connection so you can use motorized heads, B4 data link output for controlling broadcast lenses and you can even build customized camera control solutions using the S.Bus input. The expansion connector uses a common DB-HD15 connector so you can easily make your own cables or use the breakout cable that's included. The expansion port also includes DC camera power in, LANC and reference input.
The expansion port combined with the flexible MFT lens mount and external mounting points gives you a massive amount of options for customizing your studio camera! You can use the camera remotely by itself, or you can add accessories to rig the camera so you can build your own custom studio camera! Add 3rd party lenses from companies like Olympus, Panasonic and others, or use an adapter to work with a wide range of B4 lenses or even feature film PL lenses! Two 1/4" mounting points are on the top and bottom of the camera so you can tripod mount the camera and add local monitor to use as a viewfinder. You can even add an external recorder to build a custom Ultra HD video camera.
Ultra HD Image Sensor
The Micro Studio Camera 4K includes an incredible quality broadcast grade Ultra HD sensor for amazing clarity and the finest textures. Ultra HD is even more important when you're working in HD because the extra sensor resolution completely eliminates any color loss from the sensor's bayer pattern so you get full bandwidth RGB HD color and superior sub pixel anti-aliasing for amazing fine image detail. The Micro Studio Camera 4K has a 6G-SDI connection so it works up to 30 frames per second in Ultra HD and can also be switched to 3G-SDI or HD-SDI so it can operate up to 1080p60. If you're working in HD or Ultra HD the Micro Studio Camera 4K can easily handle both.
Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
Active MFT photo lenses are designed to be small, light weight and produce super sharp images at a much higher resolution than traditional video lenses which makes them perfect for Ultra HD. They can be remotely controlled using the return SDI program feed from your ATEM switcher or from the expansion port on the camera. You can even add a lens mount adapter to use your existing collection of Broadcast B4 lenses or even feature film style PL lenses!
The Micro Studio Camera 4K includes a full size HDMI connector for local video monitoring so you can add a monitor to the camera or quickly plug in a local monitor when you're setting the position of a remote camera or changing camera menus. There is a mini BNC connector for the main camera SDI output and a mini BNC connector for the camera program input which can be used to provide reference, control camera CCU settings, return talkback audio and tally status. There is a 3.5mm mic input for external microphones and a 3.5mm headphone socket that supports an iPhone compatible mic so you can use it for talkback.
Remote Camera Management
The Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K works with standard SDI camera control protocols. That means you can connect the program feed from any model of ATEM Switcher to the camera's SDI input and remotely control any setting in the camera, color correct or even change focus, iris and zoom on supported lenses. Broadcast cameras traditionally have basic CCU color balance controls, however the Micro Studio Camera 4K includes a full DaVinci primary color corrector so you get so much more than simple CCU controls because you can also do a full color grade in the camera. Now the technical director can fine tune the settings and match the looks of cameras quickly.
Professional Sound (optional)
The built in stereo microphones are engineered for high quality audio and feature a mechanical design that helps reduce unwanted wind noise so you get great sounding audio. When you need better audio in windy outdoor conditions such as sporting events, you can plug in an external mic with a wind sock to capture clean sound! The camera instantly switches to the external microphone when one is connected and can work with both line or mic levels. Whether you're using the built in microphones or attaching one from the outside, the audio is embedded into the SDI video output so you get perfect audio and video sync!
Built In Talkback
The Micro Studio Camera 4K includes an iPhone style headphone socket with mic so you get full talkback support. You can also use standard noise canceling headsets, like those from Bose, Sennheiser and more to hear the technical director without distraction from the audience. Because the camera has an SDI connection to the switcher and an SDI connection from the switcher the talkback audio is embedded into channels 15 and 16 of the SDI signal and you get two way communication. If you're setting up fixed cameras, talkback makes it easy to walk from camera to camera and plug in your headset to communicate with the rest of the crew to get the best angles and framing.
Battery or External Power
The camera includes a 12V to 30V DC power input so you can power the camera using any standard power supply or even a simple plug pack. There is a standard LP-E6 Canon compatible battery receptacle on the back of the camera so you can add a battery to get local back up power if the power supply gets accidentally disconnected during a critical live broadcast. The power input is located on the expansion port so you can simply connect power to the breakout cable or you can make a custom cable so you can have multiple camera connections over longer distances and all down a single cable loom.
Live Multi Camera Production
The small size and completely open design of the Micro Studio Camera 4K makes it perfect for any live multi camera production! It's virtually invisible and can be hidden just about anywhere on set, giving you the ability to have more camera angles than ever before so you can create a more interesting program. You can even hide them on stage to get incredible shots of live performances or, because they're so small, safely fly them overhead during sporting events. It can also be used in the studio by rigging it with a professional broadcast lens and a Blackmagic Video Assist for monitoring.
More workflow options:
- Reality TV - Capture the drama with discreetly placed hidden cameras!
- Large Concerts - Get more angles on stage, backstage and in the audience!
- Live Theatre - Broadcast from the best seats in the house
- Sporting Events - Put the audience in the middle of the action!
- On-Line Education - Create an amazing, high resolution learning library
- Studio Production Cameras - Create a complete studio with customized rigs
- High End Security - The highest resolution security camera
- More Cameras for Better Coverage - Improve your production values with multiple cameras
No other professional studio camera allows so much customization. With an open standard lens mount, both SDI and HDMI video connections and the unique expansion port you get massive opportunities to build out your camera with custom power options, B4 lens data commands and more. Add professional microphones such as wireless clips and shot gun mics that plug into the external Mic input. Using both the top and bottom mount points you can securely fasten the camera into what ever rig you need.
- PTZ Smooth pan, tilt, zoom operation
- The expansion port features PTZ output so you can attach the camera to motorized heads. Pan, tilt and zoom commands can be sent from an ATEM switcher over SDI to the camera.
- B4 Broadcast Lens Control
- The expansion port includes a B4 lens control data link which is the same protocol used to control modern broadcast lenses. By adding an MFT to B4 lens mount adapter and a Blackmagic B4 lens control interface you're now able to control ENG lenses from Canon, Fuji and others.
- Futaba's S.Bus is a highly accurate, digital radio remote control system that can also be used to control servos that in turn adjust focus, iris, servo zoom or any camera setting.
- The expansion port's breakout cable includes an industry standard LANC connection so you can add external lens controllers for your active MFT lenses.
- Reference Input
- The expansion port includes a reference input that is compatible with tri-sync and blackburst for locking the camera to the sync generator in your facility.
- External Power
- The external power input supports DC voltages ranging from 12V to 30V so you can connect to a wide range of power sources or even large custom battery packs when you're camera is being located far away from a power source.
- SDI Camera Protocol
- The Micro Studio Camera 4K has a dedicated SDI program input that accepts camera control protocol as well as talkback and tally from the switcher, over a single cable. This means you can control your camera's settings, built in color corrector, focus, iris and more remotely from your ATEM switcher!
Optional Accessories (some sold separately)
The Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K has been designed for customization which makes it suitable for any task in a multi camera live production! If you need the camera to stay small, simply attach a lens, when a low profile camera is needed. If you want the camera to be bigger and rigged up into a custom studio camera you can add a wide range of accessories such as monitors, tripod mounts and lenses to custom build any kind of studio camera you like.
- Micro Four Thirds Lenses - When you need incredibly small size the Micro Four Thirds lens mount is perfect! It supports high quality, interchangeable photographic lenses that keep the size of the camera compact. You get incredibly light weight lenses while still having the ability to choose from manufactures like Olympus, Panasonic and others!
- ENG - HD Fujinon Ikan 60mm-120mm f/2.8
- Wide - Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm/F3.5 Lens
- Zoom - Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f/2.8
- Cine - Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 85mm/T1.5
- Lens Adapters
- Third party lens mount adapters let you use traditional B4 ENG broadcast lenses or even feature film style PL cinema lenses! You can take advantage of using the ENG lenses you already own from manufacturers like Fuji and Canon without being locked into a single lens system. Use the B4 lens control connection to remotely control broadcast lenses from your switcher.
- Disk Recorders
- If you need to record video from a single or multiple cameras for later editing, or to create ISO recordings, you can connect the Micro Studio Camera 4K to multiple HyperDeck Studio recorders for extremely high quality recording in ProRes, DNxHD or even uncompressed 10-bit!
- Flexible Rigging Options
- Mount the camera to tripods, vehicle mounts, lighting rigs and more using the 1/4in thread mounts on the top and bottom of the chassis. Light weight LCD displays or external microphones can be attached using the top mount point while the bottom can be used used for motorized, remote control heads or camera rail systems.
- Turn your Micro Studio Camera 4K into a full sized broadcast camera by mounting a small TV or monitor such as the Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Wireless Transmitters
- Uncompressed video transmitters can take HDMI or SDI out from the Micro Studio Camera 4K and wirelessly transmit the signal to digital recorders like the Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio or the Blackmagic Video Assist.
- LANC Remote control
- A LANC jack is provided on the expansion port's breakout cable so you can connect external lens controllers for your Micro Four Thirds lenses. That means, depending on your lens, you could get wired remote control over things like iris, focus and even servo zooms.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: CINSTUDMFT/UHD/MR
- In The Box -
- Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K
- Expansion cable
- LP-E6 battery
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- SD card with software and manual
- Product Specifications -
- Sensor Size
- 13.056mm x 7.344mm
- Shooting Resolutions
- 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates
- HD 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.97, 60, 1080i50, 59.94, Ultra HD 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Remote focus control via expansion connector or ATEM Switcher CCU protocols via SDI when using compatible lenses.
- Iris Control
- Iris control via Up and Down buttons, remote control via expansion connector or ATEM Switcher CCU protocols via SDI when using compatible lenses.
- Lens Mount
- Active MFT mount
- 5 control buttons including Set, Up, Down, Menu, and Power.
- Integrated stereo microphone, active when camera is recording.
- Mounting Options
- 1 x 1/4" (top), 3 x 1/4" (bottom)
- SDI Video Output
- 1 x 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector.
- SDI Video Input
- 1 x 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector.
- SDI Audio Output
- 2 channel embedded audio support in SDI stream.
- Expansion Port DB-HD15 serial connector provides support for:
- Power input
- LANC input
- 1 x S.Bus channel input
- PTZ output
- B4 lens control output
- Genlock input
- Audio Input
- 1 x 3.5mm stereo audio at line or mic level.
- Audio Output
- 1 x 3.5mm stereo connector for stereo headphones, compatible with iPhone headsets for talkback.
- Remote Control
- Remote control over SDI via ATEM Switcher CCU protocols or via expansion port using LANC or S.Bus.
- Computer Interface
- USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates and configuration
- Software Included
- Blackmagic Camera Setup
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Battery Type
- Canon LP-E6 (not included, sold separately)
- Battery Life
- Approximately 1 hour 10 minutes
- Product Warranty
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.