The new ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K lets you produce broadcast quality live multi camera production in SD, HD or amazing Ultra HD! Featuring 20 inputs with built in re-synchronizers so you can connect the widest range of video sources such as cameras, disk recorders and computers for incredible live music, sport and more! ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K has advanced broadcast features such as chroma key, customizable transitions, upstream and downstream keyers, DVE, Super Source, audio mixer, 2 x multi views, media pool and more! You also get 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K connections and 6 auxiliary outputs for the most advanced live production switching!
This new high end model of the ATEM Production Studio family includes all the powerful features of the other models as well as the exciting SuperSource multi layer processor. SuperSource provides customers with a completely separate 5 layer switcher with the power of 4 picture in picture DVEs and 4 keyers assigned to any ATEM video input. SuperSource allows for multi camera interviews or picture in picture production while leaving all M/Es, keyers and the DVE completely free for other tasks.
ATEM 2 M/E 4K Features:
- Full 2 M/E switcher with each M/E featuring media players, chroma key, transitions and more.
- Switcher can be switched between SD, HD and Ultra HD video formats instantly.
- 2 x built in multi view allows 16 sources, 2 x previews and program on HD-SDI and HDMI outputs.
- 20 x inputs for a total of 20 x 6G-SDI and 1 x HDMI input. All inputs feature auto re-sync.
- 2 x 6G-SDI program outputs, 1 HDMI 4K program out and 1 down converted HD-SDI program out.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 32 RGBA Ultra HD stills and 180 frame Ultra HD clips.
- Built in full motion 2D DVE with position, scale, resize and rotate features.
- Built in SuperSource allows 4 DVE's and 4 keys layered as an independent video source.
- 2 media players allow graphics to be connected to keyers for fill and key layering.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip to color, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 4 upstream keyers include chroma keyer and 2 downstream keyers are included.
- 6 auxiliary outputs include front panel aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs and 1 HiFi RCA stereo audio inputs into built in audio mixer.
- Audio mixer main and preview outputs onto balanced XLR audio outputs and on all video outputs.
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and media pool.
- Ethernet connection for control panel connection. Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Panel control panels when hardware panel is required.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input for integration into large systems.
- Compact 2 rack unit size is perfect for when a lot of power is required in a portable solution.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- In The Box -
- ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K
- SD card with software and manual
- Product Specifications -
ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K Technical Specifications
The new ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K lets you produce broadcast quality live multi camera production in SD, HD or amazing Ultra HD ! Featuring 20 inputs with built in re-synchronizers so you can connect the widest range of video sources such as cameras, disk recorders and computers for incredible live music, sport and more! ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K has advanced broadcast features such as chroma key, customizable transitions, upstream and downstream keyers, DVE, Super Source, audio mixer, 2 x multi views, media pool and more! You also get 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K connections and 6 auxiliary outputs for the most advanced live production switching!
- Total Video Input
- Total Video Output
- SDI Video Input
- 20 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio
- HDMI Video Input
- 1 x HDMI type A. 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio
- Analog Audio Output
- 2 x XLR Program 2 x XLR Monitor
- Extra Audio Outputs
- 1 x XLR Timecode and 1 x XLR Talkback
- SDI Audio Output
- 2 Ch embedded into SDI output on all outputs.
- Audio Input
- Extra Audio Inputs
- 1 x XLR Timecode and 1 x XLR Talkback
- Sync Input
- Internal Frame Synchronizers
- SDI Program Output
- 3 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- HDMI Program Output
- 1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- Down Converted SDI Program Output
- 1 x 10-bit (Ultra HD 4K to HD)
- SDI Preview Output
- 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable
- SDI Aux. Output
- 6 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable
- Quantity of Multi Views
- 2 x SDI plus 2 x HDMI, able to be used concurrently.
- Multi View Outputs
- Control Panel Connection
- Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
- Tally Output
- Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- Computer Interface
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL 4:3 and 16:9, 525/29.97 NTSC 4:3 and 16:9
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94.
- Ultra HD 4K Format Support
- 3840 x 2160p23.98, 3840 x 2160p24, 3840 x 2160p25, 3840 x 2160p29.97.
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M.
- Video Sampling
- Color Precision
- Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709, REC 2020.
- HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers*
- 720 x 480i 59.94Hz, 720 x 576i 50Hz,1280 x 720 59.94Hz, 1280 x 720 50Hz,1920 x 1080 50Hz,1920 x 1080 59.94Hz,3840 x 2160 23.98Hz,3840 x 2160 24Hz, 3840 x 2160 25Hz,3840 x 2160 29.97Hz.
- * Note: Also supported are; 24, 30 and 60 Hz inputs when switcher is in 23.98, 29.97 and 59.94 Hz formats respectively.
- Control Panel Included
- ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac OS X 10.7.2 or 10.8 Mountain Lion and Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit.
- Software Updates
- Using USB 2.0 connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
- Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.
- Colorspace Conversion
- Hardware based real time.
- Processing Delay
- Audio Mixer
- 22 input x 2 channel mixer.
- Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video.
- Level and Peak metering.
- Master gain control.
- Dedicated analog outputs for monitoring.
- 4K to HD Down Conversion
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.
- Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit.
- Total Number of Layers
- Upstream Keyers
- Downstream Keyers
- Linear/Luma Keyers
- Chroma Keyers
- Pattern Generators
- Color Generators
- Transition Keyer (Stinger/DVE)
- DVE with 3D Borders and Drop Shadow
- Control Panel Compatibility
- ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel preferred. Compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel. Includes ATEM Software Control Panel.
- Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768
- Front Panel
- Built in LCD monitor for video and 42 LED buttons for Aux switching.
- Media Players
- Fill and key for each Media Player.
- Media Pool Still Image Capacity
- Media Pool Clip Capacity
- Maximum Clip Length in Ultra HD 4K
- Maximum Clip Length in 1080
- Maximum Clip Length in 720p
- Maximum Clip Length in NTSC/PAL
- Media Pool Still Image Format
- PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.
- Media Pool Video File Format
- Media Pool Audio File Format
Multi View Monitoring
- Number of Windows
- Routable Windows
- Red for program and green for preview indication.
- Windows Source Labels
- Power Usage
- Power Supply
- 2 x built in international AC power supply. 100-240V AC
- Operating Temperature
- 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature
- -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity
- 12 Months Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K
- Software CD
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.