4K NDI® in an incredibly small package. Flex delivers everything you have come to expect from BirdDog's one cable solution including Tally, Audio Intercom, Video, Audio, PTZ Control, and Power all down a single Ethernet cable. BirdDog Flex Family offers three models:
- Flex 4K IN - 4K Full NDI Encoder with Tally, Comms, PTZ Control, PoE+, and DC Power Output
- Flex 4K BACKPACK - 4K Full NDI Encoder with Tally, Comms, PTZ Control, PoE+, DC Power Output, and L-Series Battery Mount.
- Flex 4K OUT - 4K Full NDI Decoder with Tally, Comms, PTZ Control, and PoE.
Small is the new Big.
With a footprint only slightly larger than a credit card, the Flex 4K NDI Encoders and Decoders are the smallest on the planet. Because sometimes the biggest things are also the smallest.
Cool touch thermals.
Sometimes the biggest features are also the least obvious. Flex 4K NDI has unmatched thermal design and whisper quiet fans to keep Flex cool and fresh even on the hottest days and in direct sunlight.
One cable to rule them all. Now with added power.
BirdDog's revolutionary Studio NDI gave the world NDI, Power, Video, Audio, Tally, and Audio Intercom all done a single Ethernet cable. Flex 4K IN and Flex 4K BACKPACK take it one step even further and provides an additional 15w extra power allowing you to use the DC output to power your monitor, recorder, or even your camera.
Halo Tally. It just works.
Flex's revolutionary Halo Tally system is built right into the Flex Family and it requires zero configuration when connected with any NDI enabled software based production system. The Halo Tally is designed to be seen by the camera operators as well as the on air talent.
Flex 4K BACKPACK. Upgrade your monitor.
Flex BACKPACK is the ultimate upgrade for your camera top monitor recorder. Featuring an NP style battery connection, and 15w power output, it allows you to encode NDI, power your monitor, and record all at the same time. With great power comes great responsibility.
The ultimate PTZ sidekick.
If you aren't lucky enough to own a BirdDog PTZ camera with full NDI natively then Flex can become the ultimate sidekick. Plug in HDMI to encode beautiful and Full NDI, and attach a PTZ control cable to have PTZ passthrough control. Perfect upgrade for your PTZ camera while waiting for Santa to bring you a BirdDog.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.