Shotgun® software is a secure and scalable production tracking, review, and asset management toolset for VFX, animation, and games studios. It connects teams and complex workflows, makes collaborative review easier, takes non-creative tasks off of the artist's to-do list and tracks every aspect of the production pipeline from start to finish. It helps people work faster and happier, teams iterate more, and studios keep the bottom line healthy. Shotgun is used by more than 550 creative companies worldwide, which contribute to the ongoing development of its growing ecosystem of tools.
Iterate faster with a totally integrated review system - simple, visual tools that keep teams connected across desktops, browsers, and mobile devices.
- SHARE MEDIA
An easy way to find media fast, then upload, organize, review, and share it.
With a fully-integrated native RV player, artists can access high-res frames, compare multiple versions, and play back local media super fast.
Stay connected while you're on the run. Browse project media, review notes, and give visual feedback - all from the palm of your hand.
- CLIENT PRESENTATION
Share media with clients on mobile devices securely, with one click. Their viewing experience has your studio's branding and their notes come back directly into the system.
As people work on parts of the project, they can submit movies and images to Shotgun where others can review them. Organize multiple submissions into a playlist, then launch it in the native RV player.
Draw right on the picture or type your notes and send them from your browser, desktop or mobile device. Artists will receive a note with the annotated images so they know exactly what to do.
- PRODUCTION TRACKING
Create and communicate the plan of attack, then roll with constant changes while you deliver on time and on budget (without losing your mind).
Track film shots and assets, game levels, software project tickets - whatever you're building, and their status. Customize easily with templates.
Plan your crew and schedule people to projects and milestones so you always know who's booked, free, or out.
Schedule the details about who's doing what, when. Tasks are attached to shots and assets, then tracked. Managers view a chart of all tasks, artists just see their own.
Fast, fluid note-taking that keeps communications out of email and tied to tasks. A separate Inbox allows artists to see activity on all the things that are important to their work.
Design custom reports from live production data easily. Filter them with quick text searches or advanced queries.
Import data from spreadsheets, track custom metadata, fields, and status, fine-tune permission control and customize to your heart's content.
- PIPELINE TOOLS
Keep artists focused on creating with in-app tools that help them move faster. Use our simple asset management features that organize files and track work automatically, or build your own with our development framework.
- SIMPLE ASSET MANAGEMENT
Shotgun's Loader and Publisher save files in the right place and find/load them automatically, and a template-based File Management system creates the folder structure and file names for you. These simple, visual apps work across your creative tools and are totally pipeline friendly.
Out-of-the-box integration with tools artists use every day - Nuke, Maya, Photoshop, Houdini, and many more, plus Review tools like cineSync and render managers Deadline, Qube! and Rush.
- SHOTGUN DESKTOP
Give artists direct access to key productivity tools from the desktop. There's no need to go back to a browser, remember installation steps, or deal with command line.
- FOR DEVELOPERS
Build, deploy and manage the custom tools and integrations your studio needs with our pipeline toolkit and Python API. All of the source for our integrations and tools is available on GitHub for you to download or fork.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.