Autodesk® Civil 3D® software is a civil engineering design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows on civil infrastructure projects, including roads and highways, rail, site development, airports, and water. Civil 3D helps civil infrastructure professionals improve project delivery, reduce risk, errors, and omissions, and respond faster to project changes. Additionally, users can streamline time-consuming tasks such as corridor design, (road and rail), intersection design, parcel layout, site grading, and piping design with specific tools and customizable design standards.
Accelerate Design Efficiencies
Work in a 3D model-based detailed design environment with tools for design automation, analysis and optimization.
- The dynamic, intelligent design environment in Civil 3D makes iterative design changes easy for transportation design, civil structures projects, and site development - For example, when edits are made to an alignment, changes to the profile, profile view, and labels are propagated throughout the design model; or, when edits are made to a surface, profiles created from that surface are automatically updated along with grids and labels
- Civil 3D provides users the ability to work with intelligent 3D models for the design of roads, highways, and railways that build on Civil 3D objects and data, including subassemblies, assemblies, surfaces, feature lines, alignments, and pipes.
- Road rehabilitation and reconstruction workflows are more efficient with Civil 3D tools that analyze models with dynamic quantity take-off and earthwork calculations to help optimize mill and overlay.
- Drainage design tools allow for a variety of storm water management tasks to be performed, including storm sewer design, watershed analysis, detention pond modeling, and culvert, channel, and inlet analysis.
- Dynamo for Civil 3D brings design automation to infrastructure workflows by enabling civil designers to utilize visual programming scripts to automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
Enhance Production Efficiencies
Design-driven documentation automates plan production based on a 3D design model.
- Create plan and profile sheet layouts with construction documentation intelligently linked to horizontal and vertical alignments.
- Maintain multiple plan views that present text and labels consistently, regardless of the view's orientation.
- Ensure client documentation standards such as font, color, line weight, line type and sheet title blocks.
Collaborate & Share Data
Collaboration capabilities in Civil 3D enable multidisciplinary teams across locations and disciplines to share project data while maintaining standards, design accuracy, and security.
- Support for XREF, DREF, XML, IFC, as well as Esri ArcGIS and Bentley data interoperability facilitates more effective project data sharing and team collaboration.
- Integrate Civil 3D with Vault and BIM 360 Docs for on-premise project data management and cloud-based project coordination.
Boost Your BIM Investment
Integrate workflows throughout the project lifecycle.
- Utilize an intelligent 3D model as the basis for project teams to better coordinate workflows throughout the project lifecycle from planning to design, through construction and maintenance.
- Begin detailed design with a conceptual and existing conditions model that includes GIS information from Esri. As additional design specifications and material details are added, the information in the model is enriched and its value to the construction and maintenance phases of the asset enhanced.
- Collaborate across InfraWorks, Revit, and Civil 3D and other Autodesk tools. Bring architects and civil engineers together on a single project, facilitating site collaboration through Civil 3D, Revit, and BIM 360. Export site topography data from Civil 3D to Revit. Import your Civil 3D model into Navisworks to facilitate clash detection and construction sequencing of projects.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.