CAD software to design anything - now with time-saving specialized toolsets, web and mobile apps
AutoCAD gives you seamless workflows, specialized industry toolsets, and new automations to help your productivity in 2D and 3D design. Work anywhere with included AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- Specialized industry toolsets
Work more productively with industry-specific toolsets for architecture, mechanical design, 3D mapping and more.
- Web and mobile apps
When you're not in the office, stay connected to your work with the included AutoCAD web and mobile apps to design anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- Enhanced productivity
Powerhouse performance, visualize Xref changes, enhanced Blocks capabilities, and version control to take your designs to the next level.
With monthly and annual options, subscribing to AutoCAD is flexible and cost-effective. You can:
- Get instant access to the latest releases and enhancements.
- Use your software at home or when traveling.
- Process computing-intensive tasks in the cloud, such as rendering, simulations, or caching.
- Get access to technical support via phone, chat, email and online resources.
The right tools for the job
When you subscribe to AutoCAD including specialized toolsets, you gain access to features and functionality that help you work faster and more efficiently than ever before. Design more-quickly with industry-specific capabilities that let you:
- Access libraries of symbols, parts, and detail components.
- Automate the creation of annotations, layers, and properties.
- Easily create details and views from 3D models, and quickly generate schedules, lists, and tables.
- Use rules-driven workflows to enforce standards.
Specialized toolsets for architecture, mechanical design, 3D mapping, and more are included with an AutoCAD subscription.
- Architecture toolset
Speed architectural drawing and documentation with building design features and more than 8,000 intelligent architectural objects. Automate floorplans, sections, elevations, and more.
- Mechanical toolset
Accelerate product design with specialized mechanical design features and more than 700,000 intelligent manufacturing parts, features, and symbols. Automate tasks, such as generating machine components and creating bills of materials.
- Electrical toolset
Boost productivity while designing and documenting electrical controls systems with specialized features and more than 65,000 intelligent electrical symbols. Speed design of panel layouts, schematic diagrams, and more.
- MEP toolset
Efficiently draft, design, and document building systems with specialized engineering features and more than 10,500 intelligent mechanical, electrical, and plumbing objects. Easily design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for building systems.
- Plant 3D toolset
Produce P&IDs efficiently, and integrate them into 3D plant design models using specialized plant design and engineering features. Quickly create plant layouts, schematic diagrams, and more.
- Map 3D toolset
Improve planning and design by incorporating GIS and CAD data. Manage spatial data more easily with standard data schema, automated business workflows, and report templates.
- Raster design toolset
Convert raster images into DWG™ objects with raster-to-vector tools. Easily edit and clean up raster images while transforming them into vector drawings within a familiar AutoCAD environment.
New Features in AutoCAD 2021
- Drawing History
See changes made to your drawing over time. Get automatic insights by comparing previous versions right within the context of your current drawing.
- Xref Compare
Compare two versions of an external reference file (Xref) and implement changes without leaving your current drawing.
- Cloud Storage Connectivity
Seamlessly access any DWG file from leading cloud storage providers like Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Dropbox and now Google Drive.
- AutoLISP Enhancements
Edit and debug AutoLISP files with AutoCAD using the new extension for Microsoft Visual Studio Code. AutoLISP now fully supports Unicode characters.
- Quick Measure Improvements
The Quick option of the MEASUREGEOM command now shows the calculated values for areas and perimeters in a 2D drawing.
- Blocks Palette Enhancements
Stay connected to your block content - anytime, anywhere. Insert blocks efficiently from the Libraries tab on desktop or in the AutoCAD web app.
- Graphics Performance Improvements
Pan, zoom, and orbit smoother and faster in real time with multi-core processors. Automatically perform regeneration operations.
- Trim and Extend
Trim and Extend has become more streamlined - the default Quick mode now automatically selects all potential boundaries.
- Revcloud Enhancements
Change the arc size for any revision cloud with the new REVCLOUDPROPERTIES command.
- Break Objects at a Single Point
Separate a line, arc, or open polyline into two objects at a point you select, using the new BREAKATPOINT command.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.