3D modeling, animation, and rendering software
Produce professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models with 3ds Max® software. An efficient toolset helps you create better 3D and virtual reality (VR) content in less time.
Why 3ds Max
- Easy, robust modeling
Create, shape, and define a range of environments and detailed characters.
- High-end rendering
3ds Max works with most major renderers - including Arnold, V-Ray, and Iray - to help create striking scenes and visuals.
- Efficient 3D animation
Build imaginative characters and realistic scenes for games, architecture, and product design.
- Flexible interoperability
Revit, Inventor, and Fusion 360, as well as SketchUp, Unity, and Unreal, all work with 3ds Max.
With monthly and annual options, subscribing to 3ds Max is flexible and cost-effective. You can:
- Get instant access to the latest releases and enhancements.
- Use your software at home or when traveling.
- Process computing-intensive tasks in the cloud, such as rendering, simulations, or caching.
- Get access to technical support via phone, chat, email and online resources.
3D animation and dynamics
- 3ds Max Fluids
Create realistic liquid behaviors directly in 3ds Max.
- Motion Paths
Manipulate animations directly in the viewport and get direct feedback when making adjustments in your scene.
- Character animation and rigging tools
Create procedural animation and character rigging with CAT, biped, and crowd animation tools.
- 3ds Max Interactive
Access integrated tools for creating VR visualizations without leaving your 3ds Max workspace.
- Arnold for 3ds Max
The MAXtoA plug-in is integrated into 3ds Max, giving you access to Arnold's latest features.
- Physical Camera
Simulate real-life camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, exposure, and other options.
- Improved ActiveShade rendering
Iterate quickly with interactive rendering.
UI, workflow, and pipeline
- Asset Library
Access 3D content on your local computer and network in a single view, making content instantly searchable.
- Improved pipeline tools integration
Gain tighter integration with several pipeline tools with an extended and improved Python/.NET toolset.
- Smart asset packaging
Create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected, and react to changes in design data.
- Modern UI and workspaces
Create your own custom workspaces with a more modern, responsive, high-DPI-ready user interface.
New Features in 3ds Max 2021
- Bake to Texture
Streamlined, intuitive and fully scriptable texture baking experience, with support for PBR (Physically Based Rendering), Overrides and OSL workflows.
The online and offline installation process has been overhauled for a simpler and faster experience.
- Scripting with Python 3
Autodesk is investing in improving 3ds Max's Python support to offer developers and technical artists a modern and robust experience for extending and integrating 3ds Max into production pipelines.
- Arnold as the Default Renderer
Presenting users with a modern and high-end rendering experience right out of the box.
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR)
3ds Max 2021 adds several features to simplify the use of PBR workflows in the viewport when rendering, and when working with real time engines.
- Improved Viewport Quality & Settings
Simpler viewport configuration workflows allow you to produce high quality and high-fidelity viewports which were previously cumbersome to achieve.
- OSL Shaders
Enhanced UI and new shaders improve the overall user experience with OSL.
- File I/O
Saving scene files with a very large number of assets has been significantly sped up.
New Chamfering improvements and Weighted Normals modifier.
Fit & Finish
- SketchUp Import
Autodesk continues to enhance the ATF-based SketchUp importer in an effort to make it the only SketchUp importer necessary in 3ds Max.
New Substance2 map type, performance improvements, and many new capabilities.
Improved audio support.
- FBX Improvements
Export animation only when exporting to FBX, added support in FBX exporter for Shell material, and more
- 3rd Party Developer Tools
Plugin compatibility with 3ds Max 2020, and improvements to Plugin Packaging
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.