3D modeling, animation, and rendering software
Create massive worlds in games, stunning scenes for design visualization, and engaging virtual reality experiences
Why 3ds Max
Easy, robust modeling:
Create, shape, and define a range of environments and detailed characters.
3ds Max works with most major renderers - including Arnold, V-Ray, and Iray - to help create striking scenes and visuals.
Efficient 3D animation:
Build imaginative characters and realistic scenes for games, architecture, and product design.
Revit, Inventor, and Fusion 360, as well as SketchUp, Unity, and Unreal, all work with 3ds Max.
Modeling and rendering software
Produce professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models with 3ds Max® software. An efficient toolset helps you create better 3D and virtual reality (VR) content in less time.
3D animation and dynamics
3ds Max Fluids
Create realistic liquid behaviors directly in 3ds Max.
Manipulate animations directly in the viewport and get direct feedback when making adjustments in your scene.
Character animation and rigging tools
Create procedural animation and character rigging with CAT, biped, and crowd animation tools.
3ds Max Interactive
Access integrated tools for creating VR visualizations without leaving your 3ds Max workspace.
Arnold for 3ds Max
The MAXtoA plug-in is integrated into 3ds Max, giving you access to Arnold's latest features.
Simulate real-life camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, exposure, and other options.
Improved ActiveShade rendering
Iterate quickly with interactive rendering.
UI, workflow, and pipeline
Access 3D content on your local computer and network in a single view, making content instantly searchable.
Improved pipeline tools integration
Gain tighter integration with several pipeline tools with an extended and improved Python/.NET toolset.
Smart asset packaging
Create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected, and react to changes in design data.
Modern UI and workspaces
Create your own custom workspaces with a more modern, responsive, high-DPI-ready user interface.
With monthly and annual options, subscribing to 3ds Max is flexible and cost-effective. You can:
Get instant access to the latest releases and enhancements.
Use your software at home or when traveling.
Process computing-intensive tasks in the cloud, such as rendering, simulations, or caching.
Get access to technical support via phone, chat, email and online resources.
3D modeling, texturing, and effects
Create and animate geometry in several intuitive ways with new and enhanced spline tools.
Data Channel Modifier
Extract information directly from a model, which you can use to help inform other types of modifications.
Blended Box Map
Morph visible seams by blending as many as six materials applied to an object.
Mesh and surface modeling
Efficiently create parametric and organic objects with polygon, subdivision surface, and spline-based modeling features.
New features in 3ds Max 2019
Advanced Wood Map
- Advanced Wood is a new procedural map.
- Highly customizable way to generate wood textures.
- Includes presets for maple, cherry and oak.
- Designed to work closely with the Physical Material, with outputs that can be used directly in the material such as Roughness and Bump.
- Available for Arnold and Scanline renderers.
OSL Map and Open Shading Language
You can now take advantage of Open Shading Language in 3ds Max by using the new category of OSL maps that contains a variety of preset maps, the OSL map, or developing your own OSL map.
- Shape Booleans let you combine splines into new shapes using Boolean operations.
- Dynamic chamfer/fillets for created vertices.
- Works on closed and open shapes.
- Shared Views lets you share your models anyone online, and receive their feedback.
- Publish an entire model or a selection directly from 3ds Max.
- Access collaboration feedback directly in 3ds Max or through your web browser.
3ds Max Interactive
VR editing is now possible with the new Level Viewport VR, letting you use your VR headset to enter and edit your level in virtual reality.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- Product Specifications -
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 Professional operating system
Autodesk recommends the latest version of the following web browsers for access to online supplemental content:
- Microsoft® Edge
- Google Chrome™
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
- Mozilla® Firefox®
- CPU: 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor with SSE4.2 instruction set
- Graphics Hardware: Refer to 3ds Max Certified Hardware for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards
- RAM: 4 GB of RAM minimum (8 GB or more recommended)
- Disk Space: 6 GB of free disk space for install
- Pointing Device: Three-button mouse
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.