Atomos Shogun Studio All-In-One 4K/HD, 2ch, Dual 7in 3RU Rack Recorder, Monitor, and Playback Deck (ATOMSHSTU01)
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
Harnessing the latest recorder, monitor and playback technology with class leading Atomos usability and affordability, the Shogun Studio has everything needed for Live Event, Studio, On-set and Broadcast professionals.
- 4K, 1080p60 recording to popular professional codecs.
- Utilize the 2 channels for dual codec, dual resolution recording
- Scheduled playback and record via Ethernet, Serial & on-screen.
- Class leading monitors & test measurement for perfect 4K viewing & set up
- Powerful & intuitive AtomOS offers one touch simplicity for any operator
- Utilize the Atomos Master Caddy for reliable, affordable open standard media
- In-built HDMI and SDI down convert and down scaling from 4K to 2K/HD to match your infrastructure
- Dual Redundant Power Supplies for mission critical reliability
With play list functionality & control via RS422, Ethernet or on screen, the Shogun Studio is an affordable 4K & HD play out engine for video walls, signage and projection. Additionally, with dual channel play out capability over HDMI or 1.5/3/6/12G SDI, Genlock and 4K to HD down scaling the Shogun Studio can be used to provide scheduled, synchronized 4K, 2K and HD simultaneous play out to high resolution projector, jumbotron or signage systems.
With rack space at a premium and resolution on the rise, Mobile Production professionals will welcome the ability to record, monitor, test, measure, convert and play out from a single 3RU device. Dual codec, dual resolution recording maximises the flexibility in mobile situations. Combine the ability to record 4K resolution ISO feeds with a hardware down converted HD proxy version, record ProRes on one channel and DNxHR on the other or even playback and convert from one codec/resolution combination to another. Connecting to infrastructure is simple as well with built-in HDMI and SDI conversion that is bi-directional. Shogun Studio is ready for the 4K future, but 4K acquisition doesn't have to mean 4K delivery - when 4K can be achieved on a HD budget and you have the capability to downscale or record codec to suit you have the perfect product now and for the future in the tight space of Mobile production.
Shogun Studio solves many of the problems faced by multi camera events with long run times. Our Master Caddy delivers affordable & reliable media while features like time lapse, pre-roll cache & 4K/HD simultaneous recording make this the perfect choice for Event professionals. Our open approach with media means you record up to 2.5 hours of 4K 30p or 5 hours of 1080p60 onto a single 1TB SSD, keeping media costs less than $150 per hour you can also link the two channels to utilize continuous recording. The Shogun Studio has the ability to then monitor the input, view waveforms/scopes, setup complex time lapses and simultaneously record a proxy - under pinned with the safe guard of pre-roll cache recording (8 sec for HD / 2 sec for 4K) to ensure you never miss the action. You can even record presentations from PC, MAC and Mobile devices.
In security applications a wide angle lens on a 4K camera can mean a single camera replaces the equivalent of 4 x HD cameras. The Studio Shogun, with its long record time, time lapse, record scheduling and monitor zoom capability makes it the perfect weapon for 4K security applications. In ProRes LT at 25 FPS the Shogun Studio can record 6 hours of Ultra High Definition 4K per channel, this not only provides superior resolution but also an increase in the number of frames captured per second providing a more finite approach to high resolution security recording. In applications where the additional frames aren't important, the timelapse functionality can be set up to record specific frames at specific points over a specified duration. All of this can be reviewed on the dual 7.1" Full HD monitors and easily zoomed in for closer inspection of areas of interest.
ON SET / DIT
Shogun Studio in the rack of a DIT cart arms the set with the fastest path from acquisition to editing by recording direct to 10-bit 422 ProRes, DNxHR and RAW. The 3RU chassis provides dual record channels and class leading monitoring with test measurement for the highest quality 4K/2K/HD viewing and setup. For colour analysis, the RGB and Vector scopes provide real time feedback and can be overlaid in several positions on the colour accurate 7.1" 325ppi Full HD monitor. You can double check focus pulls with 2:1 zoom, focus peaking and edges only view and with 8 LUT slots on board and an infinite number on disk previewing the final result is easy. These decisions can be made with the confidence you are using a 100% sRGB factory calibrated monitor that can be calibrated over time using the optional Spyder unit. Outside of monitoring, DIT's can start the editing process on set with favourite and reject tagging to start the formation of a play list and XML.
In The Box
- Shogun Studio
- AC IEC C14 Cable
- 5 x Master Caddy
- Docking Station
- Detachable rack ears
- Tally light: Yes, front
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 19" x 5.2" x 8", 482 x 132 x 202mm
- Rack Height: 3RU
- Rack ears: Yes (detachable)
- Weight: 130 oz / 3.7kg
- Operating Temperature: -30° to 40° C
- Cooling: Advanced Heatpipe and Ultra Quiet Fans
- Construction: 3RU Steel chassis w/ detachable rack ears
- Screen size: Dual capacitive touch 7.1"
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- Screen Type & Touch Control: LCD IPS Calibratable
- Fixed Screen Tilt: Yes (5-6 degrees)
- PPI (Pixels per square inch): 323
- Viewing Angle (degrees): 179
- Screen Colour Gamut: 100% sRGB calibrated to Rec 709 with inifinite 3D LUT conversion including BT-2020, DCI-P3 & other LUT's
- Screen Colour Depth: 8-bit
- Brightness (Nits): 400
- Contrast Ratio: 800:1
- Colour accuracy on Viewing Angle: 100% sRGB accurate through 179 degrees
- Drive Type: Qualified 2.5" drives in supplied Master Caddy (SSD, HDD or CFast)
- Drive slots: 2 x 1 per channel
- Hot Swappable drives: Yes (between channels)
- Drive File System: EXFAT, FAT 32 compatible
- Drive connections: SATA
- Control type: Intuitive AtomOS Capacitive Multi Touch with super fast custom touch controller
- Front panel buttons: Power and screen lock per monitor
- Jog Shuttle: On Screen
- RS422 Remote: Yes
- Ethernet Remote: Yes (AMP)
- Scheduling: Yes - Rec/Play
- Gang Control: Yes
- LUT Support: 3D LUT in .CUBE format up to 8 custom LUT's loaded internally infinite loaded from the disk.
- LUT on Output: On screen, on output and available to burn in to recorded clip
- Image zoom: 1:1, 2:1 zoom, touch navigation in zoom
- Focus peaking: Focus peaking (5 colours), Black & White with colour peaking, Focal Plane edge outline.
- Zebra: Yes
- Enhanced Edges: Yes
- False colour: Yes
- Safe Area / Grid Lines: Yes
- Blue Only: Yes
- LUMA Parade: Yes
- Vectorscope / Vectorscope Zoom: Yes / Yes
- RGB Parade: Yes
- On Screen Audio Meters: Yes
- HDMI in/out: 1.4b up to 12-bit 422
- HDMI bit depth: Up to 12-bit (8-bit recorded as 10-bit and true 10-bit from 10-bit sources)
- HDMI & SDI Loop Out: Yes
- Loop Out Processing: Down Convert, 3D LUT
- HDMI <-> SDI Conversion: Yes - always on
- SDI in/out: 1 x 1.5/3/6/12G
- Timecode: LTC input and loop through, SDI, HDMI, Internal Rec Run, Time of Day and Auto-Restart
- Genlock input: Genlock input for playout Black Burst & Tri Sync
- USB Port: USB for Ethernet Controller update
- Time Lapse: Yes, up to 10 sequences with scheduling
- 4K to HD down scale: Loop out and Playback
- Trigger & Timecode for Record: LTC input and loopthrough, SDI, HDMI, LANC, Timecode, Custom SDI
- Meta data tagging: Yes
- Pre Roll: Up to 8 secs (HD), 2 secs for (4K)
- Record Simultaneous
- 4K ProRes & 2K/HD ProRes
- 4K DNxHR & 2K/HD DNxHD
- 4K RAW & 2K/HD RAW
- 2 x 4K/2K/HD ProRes, DNxHR/HD & RAW
- RAW to ProRes/DNxHR
- Convert or Duplicate Files
- 4K Avid to 4K ProRes
- 2K/HD Avid to 2K/HD ProRes
- 4K ProRes to 2K/ProRes
- 4K ProRes to 2K/HD Avid
- 4K Avid to 2K ProRes
- Dual Redundant Power Supplies
- IEC c14 PSU
- FCC, CE, CCC
- UL, PSE (external Adaptor)
- Maximum No. Audio Tracks: 14 Channels
- Max Audio Quality: 24-bit, 48kHz
- Embedded Audio: 12 channels embedded audio
- Analogue Audio Input
- 2 x XLRs on rear (per record channel)
- Line mic 48V Phantom
- Analogue Audio Output: 2 x XLRs on rear (per record channel)
- Audio control: Touch screen, channel selection, adjust and headphone solo
- Audio level monitoring: All channel PPM screen over lay or PPM bottom corner or just stereo PPM
- Headphones: 3.5mm jack
- Max colour resolution: 4:2:2
- Max bit depth: 10-bit
- Resolutions*: 720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60, 1080p 24/25/30/50/60/120, 4K-UHD 24/25/30p, 4K-DCI 24, 25/30p
- ProRes HQ, 422, LT
- DNxHR - HQX, HQ, SQ, LB
- DNxHD - 220,145,36
- HD Uncompressed V210
- DNG Files
- File type / wrapper: .MOV, DNG
- Pull Down
- 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown)
- 60i > 24p (3:2 pulldown)
- Resolutions from RAW: 120 (4K, UHD, HD), 60 (4K, UHD, HD)
- RAW Formats: FREE: C500, Sony FS, AJA, Arri to ProRes, DNxHR, DNG, Uncompressed
- Additional Playback Options: Loop with in and out markers
- Essemble Edit: via tags for playlist
- Playlist Run Down: Yes (Favorites, select or both)
- Image analysis on playback e.g. scopes: Yes
- I&O point marking: Yes
- Customer tagging and Logging: Yes
- Clip Selection tagging: Yes
- 3rd Party Playback from NLE's or other devices: Yes - ProRes / DNxHR / DNxHD only
- In the box
- Shogun Studio
- AC IEC C14 Cable
- 5 x Master Caddy
- Docking Station
- Detachable rack ears
- Optional Accessories
- CFast to SATA adapter
- Spyder calibration unit
- 1 year standard
- 3 years if registered