Money-saving bundle includes both the Atomos Shogun Flame and the Atomos Power Kit. Atomos Power Kit includes a fast charger docking station and two (2) 5200mAh batteries.
Shoot in log from the camera and for the first time, thanks to the AtomHDR engine, reproduce the vibrant colors & brightness of HDR in post production on a field monitor. The Shogun Flame is a 7" 10-bit 1500nit Field Monitor with the AtomHDR engine, connections for HDMI / SDI / XLR and recording for both Video and Raw (Sony & Canon) to 4K/HD 10-bit ProRes/DNxHR.
- AtomHDR = More detail
AtomHDR delivers 10 stops of dynamic range (brightness range) to match 10-bit camera LOG footage, revealing detail in highlights & shadows usually clipped on traditional (REC709) monitors. Supported LOG cameras include: Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED & JVC.
- High Bright 7" Calibrated Monitor
The world's most advanced 7" field monitor, with 1500nits brightness for outdoor shooting, native Full HD resolution & calibration to ensure natural LCD color drift can be corrected over time - shoot what you see guaranteed.
- 10-bit monitoring
Upgraded 10-bit processing to resolve 1.07 billion colors compared to the 16.7 million colors of traditional 8-bit panels to all but eliminate color banding.
- 10-bit post production
Monitor post production content in 10-bit HDR for any NLE or color correction suite.
With both HDMI and SDI in/out you have the maximum flexibility in choice of camera including Raw SDI cameras like the Sony FS700/FS7 and Canon C500/C300MKII. With bi-directional conversion allowing you to add any camera to your HDMI or SDI workflow.
- 4K & Raw Recording
Record direct from the sensor at 4K UHD (up to 30p) or HD (50/60/120p) at higher resolution 10-bit color with precise yet efficient 4:2:2 color encoding. Even record Raw to ProRes/DNx for select Sony & Canon cameras.
- Improved Video Quality
10-bit color resolution, 4:2:2 color accuracy and visually lossless ProRes/DNxHR compression.
- Continuous power
Patent pending hot swappable dual battery system for continuous power is backed up with the included power accessories including 2 x 4-cell batteries, D-Tap to DC cable and a blazingly fast battery charger.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
: ATOMSHGFL2 + ATOMPWRKT1
- Product Specifications -
- Without batteries & media: 650g / 22.9oz
- With batteries & media: 1094g / 38.6oz
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 214 x 127 x 45mm, 8.4 x 5 x 1.8"
- High quality lightweight ABS Polycarbonate for durability & portability
- Built-in armor protection
- Operating power: 10 - 24W
- Compatible batteries: NP series and supporting accessories
- Input voltage (battery): 6.2V to 16.8V
- Battery time (based on 7.4V): -
- 5200mAh - up to 1.5hrs (monitor & record 4K)
- 7800mAh - up to 2.2hrs (monitor & record 4K)
- DC In: 1 x DC in (6.2 - 16.8V)
- Continuous power (patent pending): Primary-secondary battery system Change batteries without losing power Loop batteries continuously
- Size: 7.1"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- PPI: 325
- AtomHDR: Yes
- Bit depth: 10-bit (8+2 FRC)
- Brightness: 1500nit (+/- 10%)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 native
- Color Gamut: REC709 HDTV
- Look up table (LUT) support: 3D LUT (.cube le format)
- Technology: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch), calibration to Rec.709 with optional Atomos Spyder
Video input/loop out
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (1.4b)
- SDI: 1 x 4K-SDI 6G or HD-SDI 3G/1.5G (SMPTE)
- Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422 (camera dependent)
Video output (play out)
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (1.4b)
- SDI: 1 x 4K-SDI 6G or HD-SDI 3G/1.5G (SMPTE)
- Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422 (playback file dependent)
Supported loop out formats
- HDMI to HDMI: 720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60, 1080p 24/25/30/50/60/120*, 2160p 24/25/30
- SDI to SDI: -
720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60
1080p 24/25/30/50/60/120*, 2160p 24/25/30
- HDMI to SDI: 720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60 1080p 24/25/30/50/60/120, 2160p 24/25/30
- SDI to HDMI: 720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60 1080p 24/25/30/50/60/120, 2160p 24/25/30
Supported formats (Record & Playback)
- 4K: 2160p 24/25/30
- HD - high frame rate**: 1080p120*, 1080p60/50
- HD**: 1080i60, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080pSF24, 1080pSF25, 1080pSF30, 720p60, 720p50
- 4K UHD downscale for HD monitoring: Yes - loop-out & playback
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x, Panasonic 8:3
Realtime hardware encoding
- 4K - DCI RAW 4096x2160 to (Supported cameras: Sony FS700, FS7, Canon C300MKII, C500)
- 4K-UHD 3840x2160 8/10-bit 4:2:2 to
- 1920x1080 8/10-bit 4:2:2 to
- Pulldown removal: 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown) 60i > 24p (3:2 pulldown)
Audio in/out (48kHz PCM audio)
- HDMI: 2 or 8ch 24-bit, camera dependent
- SDI: 12ch 48kHz 24-bit
- 2ch balanced XLR analog in/out
- Dynamic range >90dB
- Max signal level +24dBu
- Max analog gain +52dB
- 48V Phantom Power for Mic
- Auto HDMI Trigger
Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony, Atomos Open Standard
- SDI: SDI trigger camera selectable
- Other: LANC control - Slave
- Playlist: Yes
- Genlock / LTC: Yes / Yes
- Pre-roll record: Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s)
- Custom timelapse: Yes
- Meta data tagging: Yes (10 tags available)
- Supported media (Approved List Only)
- 4K / HD (50/60/120p*)
SSD 2.5", HDD (7,200 up to 1080p60)
SSD 2.5", HDD (5,400 up to 1080p30)
- Master caddy case: Master Caddy II (included), 75mm x 105mm x 12mm
- Master caddy dock: 2.5" SATA to USB 2.0/3.0
- Supported applications: Supported Applications FCPX/FCP7+ / Media Composer 5.0+ / Premiere 5.5+ / EDIUS 6.0+ / Vegas Pro 10+ / Lightworks / Autodesk Smoke 2015
- XML support: FCPX XML native, FCP7 supported with conversion (Adobe compatible)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.