Money-saving bundle includes both the Atomos Ninja V and the Atomos Power Kit. Atomos Power Kit includes a fast charger docking station and two (2) 5200mAh batteries.
Enter the Atomos Ninja V - a stealthy, 5-inch, 4Kp60 10bit HDR daylight viewable 1000nit portable monitor/recorder. Perfect for Mirrorless, DSLRs and Gaming.
Record like a Ninja!
Record up to 4Kp60 10-bit HDR video direct from your camera's sensor, over HDMI 2.0. Store edit-ready ProRes or DNxHR on affordable SSD drives and bypass your cameras internal compression and record time limits. 1TB will give you 2.5hrs 4K on tiny AtomX SSDmini.
The SSD... made Mini!
At 7mm high and 80mm long, the new AtomX SSDmini is 20% shorter than traditional SSDs, but keeps the SATA III connector, and is backward compatible with previous Atomos drives with the help of our clever extension handle. The new SSDminis are so tiny and slim… that our close drive partners Angelbird, G-technology and Sony are all making custom versions for your Ninja!
Small Monitor made perfect
The stunningly bright 5.2-inch 10-bit HDR monitor has an astounding 1,000 nits of output. It's a sleek 1" (2.5cm) aluminum body, is crafted for maximum durability, weighs in at just 11oz (320g), and attaches to any camera rig easily.
HDR/SDR perfection every time
The Ninja screen displays a stunning 10+ stops of dynamic range in realtime from Log/ PQ/HLG signals. Clearly see your images in daylight on the near edge-to-edge anti-reflection screen. The display can be calibrated for perfect color accuracy every time, with playout to HDR or SDR TV sets.
Record HDR Games
4kp60 or HDp240 Game Recording just became fun and simple from any HDMI gaming unit. Place the Ninja V in-between your unit and the TV, and record for hours to off-the-shelf SSD drives. Auto HDR flags mean perfect TV set up every time! Show off your skills or check your game development on the most stunning video recorder ever built!
AtomOS Tools and Pocket Size Playback
AtomOS gives simple tools for accurate set up and one-touch operation ensuring a great record each take. Recording isn't complete until checked. AtomOS gives speedy playback, slow motion and frame by frame analysis for instant review.
Ultimate Pro-Video & Broadcast Monitor
Any production large or small needs high quality viewing. Even if you aren't recording, the Ninja V is the best monitor available today. Audio can be input directly from the camera digitally via HDMI, or fed in analogue via a stereo 3.5mm line/mic socket - especially useful for cameras that do not have a mic input.
Edit, finish & upload on Mac & PC
The recorded Ninja files are available immediately on your Mac or PC for editing. Video and gaming workflows are supported for the fastest path to your audience. Tag while recording on the fly for direct-to-edit look-up with up to 6 streams, edited directly from the SSD in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere or Avid Media Composer.
Endless Open Expansion
Enhance the Ninja V through the in-built modular expansion slot. Bi-directional high speed video, audio and power are available. Expansion modules will dock onto the battery slot of the unit and offer advanced features.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
: ATOMNJAV01 + ATOMPWRKT1
- Product Specifications -
- Without batteries & media: 320g / 11.28oz
- With batteries & media: -
- With stand: 6.0kg / 13.2lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 151 x 91.5 x 31mm
- Construction: Aluminium alloy chassis with ABS polycarbonate back plate
- Mounting points: 1/4-20 UNCscrew mount; 1x top, 1x bottom
- Operating power: 10 - 19W
- Compatible batteries: NP-F series and supporting accessories
- Input voltage (battery): 6.2V to 16.8V
- Battery time (based on 2 x 7.4V)
- 5200mAh - up to 2hrs (monitor & record 4K +60p)
- 7800mAh - up to 3hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p)
- DC In: Continuous power (*Patent pending): Continuous power with external adaptor*
- Size: 5"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- PPI: 427
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 native
- Color Gamut: REC709 HDTV
- Look up table (LUT) support: 3D LUT (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x, Panasonic 8:3
- Technology: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch), calibration to Rec.709 with optional calibration unit
- AtomHDR: Yes
- Supported Log formats: Sony SLog2 / SLog3, Canon CLog / CLog 2, Arri Log C, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog, Red LogFilm
- HDR Recording (Gamut): Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3, Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3, Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 / LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12, FujiFilm Flog, PQ10k, HLG
- HDR Monitoring (Gamma): Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / BT2020, Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020, Panasonic V Gamut, Arri Alexa Wide Gamut, Rec709, JVC LS300, Red DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- HDR Monitoring (Gamut): Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / Arri Alexa Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec709 on screen, Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / Arri Alexa Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec709 / BT2020 / DCI P3 on loop out
- Bit depth: 10-bit (8+2 FRC)
- Brightness: 1000nit (+/- 10% @ center)
- HDR input (PQ/HLG): Yes
- HDR output (PQ/HLG): Yes Yes / Yes
Video Input/Loop Out
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0)
- SDI: -
- Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422 (camera dependent)
Video Output (Play Out)
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0)
- SDI: -
- Signal: Uncompressed true 10-bit or 8-bit 422 (playback file dependent)
Supported Loop Out Formats
- HDMI to HDMI: 720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60, 1080p 24/25/30/50/60/100/120, 2160p 24/25/30/50/60
- SDI to SDI: -
Video Signal Conversion
- HDMI to SDI: -
- SDI to HDMI: -
AtomXpansion Video Audio Power Extender In/Out
- Video: Up to 4Kp60
- Audio: 12 channels digital 24-bit 96KHz
- Power: 5V-16.6V
Supported Codecs & Frame Rates (Record & Playback)
- Video to ProRes / DNxHR (DNx utilizes a .MOV wrapper)
- Apple ProRes HQ, 422, LT AVID DNxHR HQX. HQ, SQ, LB
- 4K DCI; 24/25/30/50/60p
- 4K UHD; 24/25/30/50/60p
- 1080p; 24/25/30/50/60/100^/120^
- 1080i; 50/60i, 720p; 50/60p
- Pulldown removal: 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown)
- 60i > 24p (3:2 pulldown)
- 4K UHD downscale for HD monitoring: Yes - Loop-out and playback
Audio In/Out (48kHz PCM Audio)
- HDMI: 2 or 8ch 24-bit, camera dependent
- SDI: -
- Audio: Line in / Mic in / Headphone out 2ch 48kHz 24-bit
- Headphone out: 3.5mm
- Built-in speakers: Yes
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger (Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony, Atomos Open Standard)
- SDI: -
- Other: LANC control - Slave
- Playlist / Genlock / LTC: Yes / - / -
- CDNG (Recorded content): N/A
- ProRes (Recorded content): All recorded files can playback. Playback in slow motion.
- DNxHR / DNxHD (recorded content): All recorded files can playback. Playback in slow motion.
- Pre-roll record: Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s)
- Custom timelapse: Yes
- Meta data tagging: Yes (10 tags available)
- Supported media: 2.5" SSD/HDD compatibility depends on recording format, resolution and frame rate. Visit the manufacturer's site for list of tested and approved drives
- Master caddy case: Master Caddy II (included) - 75mm x 105mm x 12mm
- Master caddy dock: 2.5" SATA to USB 2.0/3.0
- Supported applications: Supported Applications FCPX/FCP7+ / Media Composer 5.0+ / Premiere 5.5+ / EDIUS 6.0+ / Vegas Pro 10+ / Lightworks / Autodesk Smoke 2015
- XML support: FCPX XML native, FCPX/Adobe limited supported with 3rd party conversion tools
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.