Unleash Your Creativity Faster Than Ever
Thunderbolt™ 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all - delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. ARC-8050T3 is equipped with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for connecting to any Thunderbolt 3-enabled host and offers an additional Thunderbolt 3 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals, while also supplying power for quick notebook charging. The Thunderbolt daisy-chaining allows connection of up to six devices, so customers can connect ARC-8050T3 for massive amounts of video storage with a single Thunderbolt connection to their host computer. ARC-8050T3 can meet the demand of users when working with rich, ultra-high resolution media through Thunderbolt 3 interface. The ARC-8050T3 also sports a full sized DisplayPort video output on its rear, allowing for a quick and easy 4K 60Hz display setup.
Unparalleled Performance for 4K Workflow
ARC-8050T3 is the most complete 4/6/8/12-bay Thunderbolt 3 desktop SAS/SATA RAID storage with RAID control capabilities solution for both PC and Mac. ARC-8050T3 incorporated on-board RAID-On-Chip and ECC SDRAM memory to deliver true high performance hardware RAID protection against drive failure.This combination helps to provide a high performance storage device perfect for the video editor working with Real time multi-stream HD and 4K workflows. It runs efficiently without disruption or major drops in performance to meet the requirements of 4K data workflow. It is so quick it allows for 4K displays at the same time as daisy chaining ARC-8050T3 and doing a simultaneous 4K output and file transfers while maintaining maximum throughput.
Enterprise-class Data Availability and Security
ARC-8050T3 supports the hardware RAID 6 engine to allow two HDDs failures without impact the existing data and performance. It allows users to hot swap drive in the event of a drive failure with zero downtime. Its high data availability and protection derives from many advanced RAID features on ARC-8050T3 desktop RAID storage design. Intelligent power On/Off function on storage turns power in unison with the host computer power status. It can intelligently power down the unit after the thunderbolt host shuts down everything for data integrity. ARC-8050T3 also supports a battery backup option that protects all data in cache memory in the event of unexpected power outage. Board-level hardware encryption manages any kinds of drives attached to ARC-8050T3 without impacting the performance for higher levels of security.
Enabling an Easy-to-Manage Storage
Configuration and monitoring can be managed either through the LCD control panel, Thunderbolt interface or LAN port. The ArcSAP quick manager is a multi-language management software specifically designed for managing and configuring the ARC-8050T3 RAID storage. The intelligent cooling continuously adapts to environmental conditions by automatically controlling the speed of the cooling fans for the rapidly growing demand from the video editing markets. You can even configure ARC-8050T3 to intelligently spin down drives during periods of inactivity to further reduce noise and save energy.
- High performance 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Support simultaneous 4K in/output workflow
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy-chaining
- EFI supported for macOS multi-boot
- Configuration by the Thunderbolt/LAN port/LCD
- Advanced configuration for video optimized performance settings
- Delivers enterprise-class data protection and security
- Controller-level hardware encryption (not available for 4-Bay)
- Support BBM option for cache protection (not available for 4/6M model)
- Intelligent power On/Off function for data integrity
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable included
- RAID level 0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk or JBOD
- Multiple RAID selection
- Support up to 1MB stripe size
- Online array roaming
- Online RAID level/stripe size migration
- Support global hot spare and local hot spare
- Instant availability and background initialization
- Advanced configuration for smooth data streaming
- Disk scrubbing/ array verify scheduling support
- Multiple pairs SSD/HDD disk clone function
- SSD automatic monitor clone (AMC) support
- SED (Self-encrypting drives) function support
- Support HDD firmware update
- Support for native 4K and 512 byte sector SAS and SATA devices
- Redundant flash image for adapter availability
- System status indication through LCD, LED and alarm buzzer
- Complete configuration management suite
- McRAID manager - browser-based management tool (LAN or Thunderbolt)
- ArcSAP manager - multi-language management software
- Push Buttons and LCD Display panel for setup and status
- Command Line Interface (CLI)- scriptable configuration tool
- API libraries support - combine GUI with user management utility
- SNMP support for remote monitoring
- SMTP support for email notification
- Operating Temperature : 0 ~ 35 °C
- Operating Humidity : 5% ~ 95 %, Non-condensing
- Form Factor: Desktop 4-Bay
- Disk Port: 4 x 6Gb/s SAS/SATA
- I/O Processor: One Core 800 MHz SAS ROC
- On-Board Cache: 1GB DDR3-800
- Expansion Support: No
- Cooling Fan: 1 x 2700rpm
- Power Supply: 135W
- Dimensions (W/H/D): 4.84 x 6.51 x 9.11 in (123x165.6x232 mm)
- Weight: 8.0 lbs / 3.6 Kg
- BBM: N/A
- DC_IN: N/A
- RAID Level: 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, Single Disk, JBOD
- Connection: Thunderbolt 3 x2/Display Port x1
- OS Support: macOS 10.12 or later & Windows 8 or later
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.