Allegorithmic Substance Designer 6.x (Pro, node-locked)
Get a Quote
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
What's the difference between Single User & Multi User?
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
Substance Designer is a node-based texture compositing tool that allows you to create Substance files or bitmap textures. You can use it to texture assets and also bake model information (ex: normal, displacement, curvature etc.). It contains a wide library of tools, materials and procedural effects to help you achieve your goals in a fully non-destructive workflow.
Version: 6.0, released 02/14/2017
Substance Designer 6 comes with new filters dedicated to scan processing to help you build a complete workflow for creating clean, ready-to-use tiling materials adapted to photogrammetry. New tools and filters in Substance Designer 6 include:
- Crop Tool
- Color Equalizer Tool
- Extract Channels filters (Multi-angle to Albedo, Multi-angle to Normal, Normal to Height)
- Smart Patch Clone Tool
- Smart Auto Tile Tool
Three major, long-awaited features are being introduced in Substance Designer 6:
- Curve Node
The Curve node allows you to define a curve profile to remap color data. In the context of Substance Designer you will find it particularly useful to define/sculpt height maps. It can be used for the definition of exotic forms like wood molding, heightmap creation or colorimetric correction.
- Text Node
The Text node is pretty self-explanatory! It comes with dedicated effect filters like glow, drop shadow, and outline. Note that the text input can also be exposed for dynamic changes in integrations! The integration plugins will soon be updated.
- 32-bit Floating Point Compositing
32-bit floating point compositing is going to open new doors. You can for example play with the new Panorama Shape node to create your own HDR studio maps. Expect new content to be added in future updates such as Fourier transformation and 3D noise operators.
Substance Designer 6 also includes 4 new features for bakers:
- You can now bake by material/texture set as in Substance Painter, limiting the hassle when your scene contains multiple materials.
- The bake limit has been pushed to 8K (and will be pushed even further in a future update).
- The X/Y ratio can be unlocked for non-uniform (non-square) baking.
- You can (finally) cancel the baking process before it finishes.
The underlying work necessary for these features will open doors for further development around the bakers.
New Features and Bug Fixes
- New Features
- [Engine] New Curve Node
- [Engine] New Text Node
- [Engine] 16f/32f bit depth compositing
- [Engine] instancing for GPU FX-maps
- [Engine] Add log2 function
- [Bakers] 8k map baking
- [Bakers] Bake by Material / "Texture Set"
- [Bakers] Display loading message when the bitmap output is being encoded/written on disk
- [Bakers] Add a cancel option during baking
- [Gradient node] add global adjustments for multiple selected keys
- [Gradient Node] Simplify Gradient Picker options
- [Graph] Add an option to modify default parent size
- [Graph] Display Image pixel depth under the node
- [Preferences] Global preferences for DirectX/OpenGL
- [Preferences] Use tabs in Preferences/Project UI
- [Preferences] remove parameter MaxTextureSize located in the "3DView" preferences
- [Preferences] Display short help about the autosave
- [Preferences] Expose image format options
- [Preferences] Add an option to hide the Environment map in 3D View by default
- [Preferences] Add an option for the normal map filter default alpha option
- [2D View] Add the possibility to pan away from texture bounds
- [2D View] Interpret the physical size X/Y ratio
- [3D View] Improve Texture management
- [3D View] Disable Post Effects by default (to prevent crash on lowend gpu)
- [MDL Graph] Manage the hidden flag on IRay parameter
- [MDL Graph] Allow to set the constructor 'material()' as Root Node
- [MDL Graph] Create SBS Graph instance node preview
- [Content] Add new Scan Processing filters
- [Content] Add new Adjustment filters (Clamp, Pow, HDR Range Viewer)
- [Content] Add Blue Noise (Fast approximation)
- [Content] Add new Shape effects (Glow, Drop shadow, Stroke)
- [Publish] Add an action "Export as previous" to republish the last selected package
- [Publish] Improve SBSAR generation when using high resolution bitmaps
- [Publish] Warn user about non "relative to parent x1" graph setting when publishing or uploading on Share
- [Properties] Add "Physical Size" attribute on SBS Graphs
- [Parameters] Remove function actions on PKG Resource paths
- [Parameters] Remove "Preview values changed" pop up
- Bug Fixes
- [Graph] Memory usage grows up regulary each time right-click menu is open
- [Graph] [In SSE2] Polygon's nodes doesn't displays shapes when the "Scale" parameter is in negative
- [Graph] Crash when switching from "Integer" to "Float" on a exposed parameter
- [Graph] Moving nodes while a splitpoint is selected will recompute the nodes
- [Graph] Split Points do not support "Undo"
- [Graph] empty tooltip displayed when graph description contains non printable characters
- [MDL Graph] Crash when the current node displayed in property view is deleted
- [MDL Graph] MDL Graph that uses material() constructor function as root are not rendered correctly in the 3D View
- [MDL] Cannot export MDL module when using conditional operator with uniform boolean expose parameter
- [MDL] Crash when Loading a MDL Graph Template two times
- [MDL Archive] Materials that are using a texture are not correctly managed
- [3D View] IRay Material is not changed when the MDLGraph's root node change
- [3D View] random crash when closing the 3D View while a mesh loading is in progress
- [3D View] Yebis isn't reactivated after saving render
- [3D View] Invalid PSD File generated when saving render result of iray scene
- [3D View] point light 1 will not illuminate
- [UI] Detection area of Checkboxes is too wide in "Bakers from Mesh" Parameters
- [UI] Aesthetic issue in "Bakers from Mesh" Parameters
- [Mac] Opening SD by double clicking on a sbs does not send output to 3d view
- [Mac][Iray] Photoreal Cluster render doesn't work on MacOS
- [Engine] Atan2(0, 0) makes the engine crash
- [Engine] Critical synchronization issue
- [Bakers] Can't disable automatic normalization for Height baker
- [Parameters] when converting grayscale to rgba, alpha should be 255
- [Functions] It is possible to set a function as the output node even if not compatible
- [Export] Invalid dependencies after exporting a Package with PSD's Resources
- [Console] Clearing the console makes SD crash