The AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad X 4-bay storage enclosure is designed to house up to four 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drives. With Software RAID, four striped SSDs can reach data transfer speeds of up to 1480 MB per second while the Thunderbolt 3 interface provides sufficient bandwidth for additional 4K video signal streams and data transfers at the same time. An ultra durable aluminum casing provides efficient heat dissipation, plus an extra large rear fan keeps your drives cool during long hours of operation.
- Thunderbolt 3 interface for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices
- Power delivery provides up to 27W of power to recharge compatible laptops
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional monitor to expand the workspace
- Holds up to four 2.5" or 3.5" drives with SATA 6Gb/s interface
- Removable trays for easy SSD and HDD installation
- Two big handles makes it easy to carry the device
- Large fan for active cooling with power switch
- Kensington security slot
- Thunderbolt™ 3
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all - delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power to bus-powered devices.
The Thunder3 Quad X has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The second port operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
The dedicated DisplayPort connector makes it easy to connect an additional monitor to extend your workspace and it will free up the second Thunderbolt 3 port for other Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
4-Bay Storage Solution
- Removeable trays
Designed to house up to four 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drives, the tray based system allows for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD's.
Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of four trays, extra screws and drive labels
Reversible USB Type-C™ Connector with Power Delivery (PD)
- Power Delivery (27W)
The reversible USB Type-C (USB-C) connector enhances ease of use for connecting devices with a focus on minimizing user confusion for plug and cable orientation. The Thunder3 Quad X also supports power delivery (PD) over USB-C, providing 27W of power to compatible laptops like the MacBook Pro (late 2016) that support charging through the USB-C cable. This allows you to recharge your battery even though the laptop is not plugged into any other power source.
Both Thunderbolt 3 ports provide 27W of power, so it doesn't matter which port you connect to the computer and if you plug in another device that is compatible with USB PD (power delivery) to the second port, you can also charge at 27W.
In The Box
- Thunder3 Quad X enclosure (drives not included)
- Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable
- Setup guide
- ModelThunder3 Quad X
- Thunderbolt™ technology
- Warranty2-year limited warranty
- Case materialHigh quality aluminum for optimized heat dissipation
- ApplicationUp to four 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard disk drives or solid state drives
- RAID modeNon-RAID
- 2 x Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) ports
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- Data transfer
- Thunderbolt 3 up to 40 Gbps
- DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60 Hz)
- System requirements (PC)
- Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 port
- System requirements (Mac)
- macOS 10.12.4 and later
- Computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 port
- System environment
- Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 35°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Relative Humidity: 5% ~ 95% (non-condensing)
- Power supply
- Internal 200W power supply (UL, CE, CB, TUV approved)
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50Hz-60Hz
- Output: DC +12V/16.6A
- Fan noise level17.7 dB(A)
- Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 9.53 inches x 5.31 inches x 8.75 inches
- 24.2cm x 13.5cm x 22.2cm
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.