PFClean is the most widely adopted software solution for film and video restoration, from film transfer to remastering blockbuster movies, serving a broad client base from audiovisual archives to broadcasters and film studios. Fast, flexible, non-destructive and designed for media restoration artists who care, The Pixel Farm's unique approach to software design has resulted in a comprehensive suite of restoration tools that mask complexity and the science behind an easy to use and intuitive interface. Deeply integrated batch processing and media management tools complimented by powerful remastering utilities make PFClean the tool of choice for key industry players such as Sony, Deluxe, Technicolor, The Criterion Collection, IMAX, Pinewood Studios, the BBC and audiovisual archives including the Estonian, Slovak and Finnish National Archives.
PFClean 2017 Features
- The Digital Wet Gate
To Wet Gate, or not to Wet Gate? That question has just been answered. The Pixel Farm's software interpretation of the cumbersome scanner add on covers all the capabilities of its physical counterpart, without the drawbacks. Fast, non-destructive and safe, their Digital Wet Gate reduces the divide between physical and digital restoration removing scratches, dust/dirt and other optical anomalies quickly and in one single pass.
- Redefined Colour Pipeline
The Pixel Farm's all new end to end colour pipeline is specifically designed for archive use and based on the widely adopted OpenColorIO. Integrated for maximum flexibility and deeply embedded into PFClean’s Workflow Manager, this new colour pipeline provides convenient support for ACES workflow, the ability to burn in colour space transforms into individual file export paths and quickly make changes easily and non destructively when needed.
- Industry Changing Standards Conversion
Need to convert your newly restored SD video project to UHD and beyond? The Pixel Farm has got you covered. Cross convert video to film standards, film to video or to the many new digital formats. Providing a boundless alternative to restrictive linear hardware solutions, their Standards Conversion node is available right where you need it, in the Workflow Manager. Easily create multiple consistent deliverables from a single resolution source while consistently producing better quality results than hardware alternatives.
- Video Restoration Extended
Video restoration is a hot ticket for archives. At The Pixel Farm they have long recognized this and they continue to invest R&D efforts in their archive focussed video restoration pipeline. For 2017 they've deepened the toolset, and made video restoration more efficient.
- Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 7 and 8 (only 64-bit supported)
- Mac: Mac® OS X 10.10 or later (only 64-bit supported)
- Linux: CentOS 6.0 or later (only 64-bit supported)
- Minimum Supported Hardware
- Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron processors with 4 cores or more
- 8GB RAM1
- 2GB available hard disk space for full content installation
- Mouse or pointing device
- 1920x1080 resolution monitor
- 1GB GPU with accelerated graphics (2GB recommended)
- OpenCL 1.2 or later / CUDA Compute Capability 3.0 or later2
- In addition to 4GB for the operating system and for caching, a minimum of 1GB per processor core should be available for processing. Therefore, a workstation with a 4 core processor will require a minimum of 8GB of RAM.
- OpenCL is used exclusively on OS X. On Windows and Linux, CUDA is used for NVIDIA GPUs, and OpenCL for all other cards.
- Optimal Processing
The following are recommended for optimal processing.
- A fast (300MB/s or more) storage device. Required for optimal handling of 2K resolution footage and higher.
- Dual GPU set-up. Split foreground and background processing, maximising efficiency and performance.
- Increased RAM for data caching. Clips stored in RAM are processed far more quickly.
- Additional machines for rendering. PFClean batch processing allows any number of additional machines to be used for render and export at no extra cost.
Please note: a direct internet connection is required to install and administer the licenses using the license manager. Otherwise, licenses must be managed manually.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.