The Pixel Farm PFClean
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
What's the difference between Single User & Multi User?
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
PFClean is the most widely adopted software solution for film and video restoration, from film transfer to remastering blockbuster movies, serving a broad client base from audiovisual archives to broadcasters and film studios. Fast, flexible, non-destructive and designed for media restoration artists who care, The Pixel Farm's unique approach to software design has resulted in a comprehensive suite of restoration tools that mask complexity and the science behind an easy to use and intuitive interface. Deeply integrated batch processing and media management tools complimented by powerful remastering utilities make PFClean the tool of choice for key industry players such as Sony, Deluxe, Technicolor, The Criterion Collection, IMAX, Pinewood Studios, the BBC and audiovisual archives including the Estonian, Slovak and Finnish National Archives.
PFClean 2017 Features
- The Digital Wet Gate
To Wet Gate, or not to Wet Gate? That question has just been answered. The Pixel Farm's software interpretation of the cumbersome scanner add on covers all the capabilities of its physical counterpart, without the drawbacks. Fast, non-destructive and safe, their Digital Wet Gate reduces the divide between physical and digital restoration removing scratches, dust/dirt and other optical anomalies quickly and in one single pass.
- Redefined Colour Pipeline
The Pixel Farm's all new end to end colour pipeline is specifically designed for archive use and based on the widely adopted OpenColorIO. Integrated for maximum flexibility and deeply embedded into PFClean’s Workflow Manager, this new colour pipeline provides convenient support for ACES workflow, the ability to burn in colour space transforms into individual file export paths and quickly make changes easily and non destructively when needed.
- Industry Changing Standards Conversion
Need to convert your newly restored SD video project to UHD and beyond? The Pixel Farm has got you covered. Cross convert video to film standards, film to video or to the many new digital formats. Providing a boundless alternative to restrictive linear hardware solutions, their Standards Conversion node is available right where you need it, in the Workflow Manager. Easily create multiple consistent deliverables from a single resolution source while consistently producing better quality results than hardware alternatives.
- Video Restoration Extended
Video restoration is a hot ticket for archives. At The Pixel Farm they have long recognized this and they continue to invest R&D efforts in their archive focussed video restoration pipeline. For 2017 they've deepened the toolset, and made video restoration more efficient.
- Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 7 and 8 (only 64-bit supported)
- Mac: Mac® OS X 10.10 or later (only 64-bit supported)
- Linux: CentOS 6.0 or later (only 64-bit supported)
- Minimum Supported Hardware
- Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron processors with 4 cores or more
- 8GB RAM1
- 2GB available hard disk space for full content installation
- Mouse or pointing device
- 1920x1080 resolution monitor
- 1GB GPU with accelerated graphics (2GB recommended)
- OpenCL 1.2 or later / CUDA Compute Capability 3.0 or later2
- In addition to 4GB for the operating system and for caching, a minimum of 1GB per processor core should be available for processing. Therefore, a workstation with a 4 core processor will require a minimum of 8GB of RAM.
- OpenCL is used exclusively on OS X. On Windows and Linux, CUDA is used for NVIDIA GPUs, and OpenCL for all other cards.
- Optimal Processing
The following are recommended for optimal processing.
- A fast (300MB/s or more) storage device. Required for optimal handling of 2K resolution footage and higher.
- Dual GPU set-up. Split foreground and background processing, maximising efficiency and performance.
- Increased RAM for data caching. Clips stored in RAM are processed far more quickly.
- Additional machines for rendering. PFClean batch processing allows any number of additional machines to be used for render and export at no extra cost.
Please note: a direct internet connection is required to install and administer the licenses using the license manager. Otherwise, licenses must be managed manually.