3D-Coat is the one application that has all the tools you need to take your 3D idea from a block of digital clay all the way to a production ready, fully textured organic or hard surface model.
- Easy Texturing & PBR
- Microvertex, Per-pixel or Ptex painting approaches
- Realtime Physically Based Rendering viewport with HDRL
- Smart Materials with easy set-up options
- Multiple paint Layers. Popular blending modes. Layer groups
- Tight interaction with Photoshop
- Texture size up to 16k
- Fast Ambient Occlusion and Curvature map calculation
- Rich toolset for all kind of painting tasks, and more...
- Digital Sculpting
- Voxel (volumetric) sculpting key features:
- No topological constraints. Sculpt as you would with Clay
- Complex boolean operations. Fast kit bashing workflow
- Traditional sculpting offers you such powerful technology as:
- Adaptive dynamic tesselation (Live Clay)
- Dozens of fast and fluid sculpting brushes
- Boolean operations with crisp edges
- 3D Printing Export Wizard.
- Ultimate Retopo Tools
- Auto-retopology (AUTOPO) with user-defined edge loops
- Fast and easy-to-use manual Retopo tools
- Possibility to import reference mesh for retopologization
- Use your current low-poly mesh as your retopo mesh
- Retopo groups with color palette for better management
- Advanced baking settings dialog
- And more...
- Fast & Friendly UV Mapping
- Professional toolset for creating and editing UV-sets
- Native Global Uniform (GU) unwrapping algorithm
- Multiple UV-sets support and management
- Support ABF, LSCM, and Planar unwrapping algorithms
- Individual islands tweaking
- Lastly, it is fast, easy, and fun to use.
Release Date: 7/23/2019
- Possibility of resolution-independent texture locking over the layer. Importing or calculation of normal map, occlusion, the cavity will lock the layer. Texture will be saved to disk. As soon as you change the resolution, the locked texture will be used instead of the current layer state resampling. It is very important when you want to paint the materials in low quality of textures and then get high quality at the end.
- Moving smart materials to other folder takes less space in RMB menu, it is consolidated into a single line with the submenu.
- Support of 16-bit PNG for alphas.
- Edge width correction for Cube mapping, dedicated settings panel for cube mapping.
- CutOff in surface mode completely redone. Now the shape of the cut is very uniform and accurate. Depth and back plane limitations produce an accurate sharp cut. Soft booleans supported.
- Soft booleans for all primitives, volumes merging, cutoff.
- List of ghosted, isolated volumes stored into scene file (3B).
- Much more stable and powerful Geometry->Close holes.
- Automatic closing the objects before the voxelization.
- Store pose selection to layer, picking pose selection from the layer. Works similar (to some degree) to poly groups.
- Load/Save option for noise.
- Correct brushing on the edge of the mesh (blob effect decreased a lot)?.
- Pose tool angle snapping problem fixed.
- Sharp edges support in Retopo room. Baking, import/export supported.
- Context sensitive RMB menu in retopo room, it is especially helpful in "Select" tool for low-poly modeling.?
- In UV settings you may control the default unwrapping method.
- Extrude-like tools in retopo room are more convenient and intuitive, similar to other 3d editors.
- Unwrap method "To stripe" has been polished and set as default within the "Unwrap" command to be used when applicable. This method unwraps strips of quads into accurate and straight lines. Unwrap detects such cases automatically.
- New curves (enable in Preferences -> Show beta tools)
- Edge for all curve modifiers can be customized in a really rich way.
- A truly rich set of curves modifiers (RMB over the curve)
- Swept Surface 1
- Creating a surface of revolution
- Swept Surface 2
- Swept Surface 3
- Goose, Bird, Dolphin
- Possibility to relocate 3DCoat's data folder in the Edit menu.
- Support of language correction. Press F2 to correct any text in UI. You may also add new languages support within the UI and translate any UI elements.
- Automatic zipping of scenes. It is disabled by default, enable it in preferences to use.
- Create alphas from 3D models updated - fast preview rendering (previously it was software rendering), so high-poly meshes allowed there.
- Image files recognized not by extension (that may be wrong) but by signature. It prevents multiple user errors. Sometimes files downloaded from the internet have wrong extension.
- Correct alpha channel visualization in Paint mode for polygonal models (not voxels/surface!). Polygons sorted from back to front in real time for correct rendering. It works fast, but if you feel it is slow, you can turn it off in the View menu.
- .exr added to the list of extensions, acceptable for pen alpha.
- EPS files import corrected.
- Ref images changed.
- ESC closes guides.
- Edit pla?ement and paint over ref images are separated to different menu commands to avoid unintentional painting.
- Possibility to show plane only for exact views (option in references droplist).
- FBX support up to FBX 2019.
- Importing multiple 3dcpacks.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.